Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Justine CrashToDesktop feature
Vic7im Offline

Threads: 9
Justine CrashToDesktop feature

Hello, is there a way to recreate the Justine crash to desktop feature? I hate when players die and respawn with all the objects they acquired and without the monster that killed you, this kills the atmosphere I'm trying to create.

Any suggestions? are there any scripts that make the game crash?
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Justine CrashToDesktop feature

I find that method a bit to extreme. But you can use a checkpoint that would change the map to another that says "you have lost yada-yada-yada". From their I would add a option to restart to the beginning of the CS.
10-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Find
Vic7im Offline

Threads: 9

(10-08-2012, 05:48 PM)Rapture Wrote: I find that method a bit to extreme. But you can use a checkpoint that would change the map to another that says "you have lost yada-yada-yada". From their I would add a option to restart to the beginning of the CS.
I've tried doing a "load game" feature, where if you die you respawn in a Loading Area, depending on what level you died, then you could simply open a door and get back to the level. Unfortunately, all progress is saved so that didn't work.

I know it's extreme, but what's the point of a survival horror if progress is saved even if you die?

Or, I could make it that you get teleported into an area where all you can do is press esc and Exit, then reload the game.
10-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3

Meh. Just stay with the normal respawn, you can make a function to respawn the enemy each time you die.

[Image: 18694.png]
10-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

I had included such a thing before, but of course, not without an error popping up.

I changed to a map that I had named "You_Are_Dead.map", so when you died, that error popped up (when in fact the game tried to load a map that was named that way).

For a different solution, the "Checkpoint" function might work.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-08-2012, 08:10 PM
Website Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

Yeah, if you load a Checkpoint at the start of every map, and then make the function it calls one that rolls credits, you can basically "end the game" any time they die.

PHP Code: (Select All)
OnEnter()
{
CheckPoint ("checkpoint""PlayerStartArea_1""EndGame""Death""ItIsOver");
}

void EndGame(string &in asNameint alCount)
{
StartCredits("ending.ogg"false"Ending""MainCredits"1);

10-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Find