Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who would even play this game ??
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Who would even play this game ??

(10-12-2012, 09:05 AM)Clord Wrote: If game causes you physical pain. That is not intended by the design.
No shit…
10-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Find
kadal65 Offline
Banned

Threads: 2

ok,so hear this i'm a 12 year old kid who finish Amnesia the dark decent and i only die two times in Amnesia, killed by the water monster and the second is killed by the grunt because i didn't hear it spawn,every Youtuber i watch on Youtube usualy get scared sh!tles when they see any enemy,but me i didn't get scared,when i see a monster in Amnesia or being chase by one.I usualy get scared a litlle when a enemy is right behind me or i just walk directly to a enemy,but jumpscares that scared me every time
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 06:50 AM by kadal65.)
10-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-15-2012, 06:49 AM)kadal65 Wrote: ok,so hear this i'm a 12 year old kid who finish Amnesia the dark decent and i only die two times in Amnesia, killed by the water monster and the second is killed by the grunt because i didn't hear it spawn,every Youtuber i watch on Youtube usualy get scared sh!tles when they see any enemy,but me i didn't get scared,when i see a monster in Amnesia or being chase by one.I usualy get scared a litlle when a enemy is right behind me or i just walk directly to a enemy,but jumpscares that scared me every time
That's because your mind isn't developed enough to understand true fear.
10-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Find
kadal65 Offline
Banned

Threads: 2

i'm a 12 tear old kid ,who Finish Amnesia ,and i get killed in amnesia 2times

(10-15-2012, 06:51 AM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(10-15-2012, 06:49 AM)kadal65 Wrote: ok,so hear this i'm a 12 year old kid who finish Amnesia the dark decent and i only die two times in Amnesia, killed by the water monster and the second is killed by the grunt because i didn't hear it spawn,every Youtuber i watch on Youtube usualy get scared sh!tles when they see any enemy,but me i didn't get scared,when i see a monster in Amnesia or being chase by one.I usualy get scared a litlle when a enemy is right behind me or i just walk directly to a enemy,but jumpscares that scared me every time
no,thats not it i uderstand true fear,but i'm the type of guy that don't give a f!ck ,like the time i'm being chased by the monster i realy fell: f!ck it,just kill me now and lets get this over with
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 07:55 AM by kadal65.)
10-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(10-15-2012, 07:48 AM)kadal65 Wrote: no,thats not it i uderstand true fear,but i'm the type of guy that don't give a f!ck ,like the time i'm being chased by the monster i realy fell: f!ck it,just kill me now and lets get this over with
Yeah, that's exactly his point, you didn't even try to immerse yourself in a game that pretty much relies on you immersing yourself for it to work so you can't expect it to be scary.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 08:11 AM by Kman.)
10-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(10-15-2012, 07:48 AM)kadal65 Wrote: i'm a 12 tear old kid ,who Finish Amnesia ,and i get killed in amnesia 2times

no,thats not it i uderstand true fear,but i'm the type of guy that don't give a f!ck ,like the time i'm being chased by the monster i realy fell: f!ck it,just kill me now and lets get this over with

People like you make me wish parents payed attention to ratings.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
10-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

(10-15-2012, 07:48 AM)kadal65 Wrote: i'm a 12 tear old kid ,who Finish Amnesia ,and i get killed in amnesia 2times

Playing Amnesia will probably give a lot of people the scariest experiences in their lives. Not because they're the most dangerous ones, or even the most vivid ones, but the way it's pulling you into it is exactly the opposite of what the brain can handle. It makes your brain believe that what is happening is actually real - not because you're dumb, but because the brain takes no risks. So, if Amnesia doesn't scare you at all, I would say you have some serious problems.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
10-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-15-2012, 03:12 PM)Wapez Wrote:

Playing Amnesia will probably give a lot of people the scariest experiences in their lives. Not because they're the most dangerous ones, or even the most vivid ones, but the way it's pulling you into it is exactly the opposite of what the brain can handle. It makes your brain believe that what is happening is actually real - not because you're dumb, but because the brain takes no risks. So, if Amnesia doesn't scare you at all, I would say you have some serious problems.
I agree. Either they are faking or are just incapable of being afraid. It has nothing to with how "developed" the mind is. In fact, a general rule of thumb is that the younger you are the more likely you are to be affected by the stress the game puts you under.

Also, how can anyone not "understand true fear"? You think fear is something you acquire by playing video games and having a fully developed brain? It's a basic human function. Everybody understands it.
10-15-2012, 04:39 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

I think he meant that you have to immerse yourself when playing a horror game like Amnesia, to "understand true fear"
10-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

To achieve what this fella did, just play in a "bright as the sun" room, make sure volume's at 0%, play from an iPhone, and there you are.

Either way, immersion is the key. If others wouldn't be immersed, they probably wouldn't be scared. But they were scared, which implies that they were, in fact, immersed.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-15-2012, 07:17 PM
Website Find