Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Who would even play this game ??
unfortunatevictim Offline
Banned

Threads: 1
Who would even play this game ??

SERIOUSLY, just seriously! I decided to try out horror genre games so i downloaded Amnesia The dark descent demo. I didn't want to spoil anything i just downloaded the game without knowing anything about it.

I just reached a foggy basement looking place and saw something (looked like a deformed guy) move in the fog and i think i'm about to get some serious heart conditions. man seriously im not even joking, i feel like my heart is going to explode.

i keep hearing some weird sounds, cracking, crying and such i just cant take it anymore. Its bad for me and my heart.

I'm really thinking i should just quit at that part because its way toooo much for me.

Question: HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU PLAY A GAME LIKE THIS ? either you have to be extremely fucked up (no offense) or have balls the size of a mountain.

im not joking, my hands are still shaking and i can feel tension in my heart.
10-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Who would even play this game ??

You must be seriously scared.

Just take the My Little Pony doll and keep it close to you. It is vital, as the doll will turn everything scary into rainbows and glitter.

Either way, just try and man up. It's what I did, with a lot of success.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Well it is a horror game so if you went in expecting it not to be scary then I dunno what you were thinking. Personally I enjoy being scared so I don't really find it that difficult to play.

Posting Freak
10-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Website Find
unfortunatevictim Offline
Banned

Threads: 1

i never played a horror game before, so i thought i should try it and i thought how could a computer game be scary. I was sooooo very wrong.

And yes im trying to man up but every 3 steps forward i go, something scares me and i go 5 back.
10-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(10-08-2012, 08:22 PM)unfortunatevictim Wrote: i never played a horror game before, so i thought i should try it and i thought how could a computer game be scary. I was sooooo very wrong.

And yes im trying to man up but every 3 steps forward i go, something scares me and i go 5 back.
If you feel like you're about to panic, just calm down, relax, and stop playing until you feel like you can go back.

And also, say to yourself that it is only a game.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Website Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(10-08-2012, 08:16 PM)unfortunatevictim Wrote: SERIOUSLY, just seriously! I decided to try out horror genre games so i downloaded Amnesia The dark descent demo. I didn't want to spoil anything i just downloaded the game without knowing anything about it.

I just reached a foggy basement looking place and saw something (looked like a deformed guy) move in the fog and i think i'm about to get some serious heart conditions. man seriously im not even joking, i feel like my heart is going to explode.

i keep hearing some weird sounds, cracking, crying and such i just cant take it anymore. Its bad for me and my heart.

I'm really thinking i should just quit at that part because its way toooo much for me.

Question: HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU PLAY A GAME LIKE THIS ? either you have to be extremely fucked up (no offense) or have balls the size of a mountain.

im not joking, my hands are still shaking and i can feel tension in my heart.
Question: HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU PLAY A GAME LIKE THIS ?

Silly Answer: With a computer, mouse, keyboard, and monitor.
Actual answer: There's no shame in fear quitting the game. I did it myself a few times. You'll go back to it eventually. Seeing as it's a horror game, it did a damn good job of freaking you out. This is why Amnesia is quite famous.

10-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

If you have chest pains stop playing. Good horror games raise your blood pressure to extremely high levels. Due to the perceived threats in the game that can be difficult to shrug off as "fake", your body triggers a fight or flight response which is what happens when something actually poses a threat to you in real life. It's no joke; you can suffer a heart attack from being in a state like this*, and being in this state for prolonged periods is capable of killing even the healthiest of people. And stress, short or long term alike, has zero health benefits and too much too soon is also capable of killing you (it's proven to cut life expectancy). So if you can't take it, please don't continue. For most people it's fine if you take regular breaks though.

*That is to say if you have an actual cardiovascular disease.
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2012, 08:37 PM by Bridge.)
10-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Fearquitting is totally fine =P
10-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Btw, playing Amnesia as your first horror game will kill the genre for you.

Silent Hill series is a good starting point if I were you.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-08-2012, 08:51 PM)Chronofox Wrote: Btw, playing Amnesia as your first horror game will kill the genre for you.

Silent Hill series is a good starting point if I were you.
Depends on your priorities. If you are interested in horror then you will like it. If you aren't then you won't. There is no easing into it. It doesn't make any sense for example to watch unfunny movies before you watch funny ones. You should always start with what is regarded as the best when getting into a new genre.
10-08-2012, 08:55 PM
Find