Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Metal Gear Solid:Megathread "snake? Snake? Snaaaaakeee!!"
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
Metal Gear Solid:Megathread "snake? Snake? Snaaaaakeee!!"

So here you can post the metal gear games you have played and all the funny moments you have come across you can also talk about the boss battles, Ester eggs etc. Basically all that has with mgs to do :p

10-10-2012, 08:53 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Metal Gear Solid:Megathread "snake? Snake? Snaaaaakeee!!"

I'm noticing that you posted like 3-4 threads, I think. Don't post that many within a day. Others might think that you're a spambot.

Just lending you some advice.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Website Find
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43

(10-10-2012, 08:54 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: I'm noticing that you posted like 3-4 threads, I think. Don't post that many within a day. Others might think that you're a spambot.

Just lending you some advice.
Well i post things when i get an idea that i think would be nice in the forum but its the last one for today Tongue
i also got a little goal to reach 100 posts Tongue i just think its funny to have like different goals i know its pointless but i like to have a few goals Tongue

(This post was last modified: 10-11-2012, 07:19 AM by wolfmaster1231.)
10-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

That's what the random thread is for, devoting an entire thread to something like this is stupid.

EDIT: re-read the OP, guess it's reasonable topic for a thread. Still though just posting to raise your post count is pointless.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 09:14 PM by Kman.)
10-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

They are probably my favorite game series ever. Unfortunately I haven't played the MSX-2 Metal Gear games or any of the portable games though seeing as I'm a PC gamer. I have played MGS thrice and MGS2 once and I just finished MGS3 last night (it's impossible to come by where I live but I got lucky and found it while I was in Germany - haven't played on my PS2 for years). I think my favorite is probably the first one although MGS3 was damn good; there was a serious lack of character development though I found (most of the Cobras (save for The End, The Sorrow and Boss), Col. Volgin, Major Zero and Sigint for example). I also enjoyed MGS2 a lot. Unfortunately I don't have a PS3 so I can't play MGS4 and there seems to be no way to emulate it on PC at the moment. Don't know if I really want to play MGS5 and Revengeance before MGS4.

Quote:That's what the random thread is for, devoting an entire thread to something like this is stupid.
Why? As far as game series go, you could do a lot worse when it comes to material to discuss. Man, you can dedicate an entire thread just to one character.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 09:13 PM by Bridge.)
10-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

(10-10-2012, 08:54 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Others might think that you're a spambot.

Clearly not a spambot.

10-10-2012, 09:14 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

you dont want to play MGS5 or revegence before MGS4, as MGS4, no spoilers here, explains the story behind the entire metal gear series, going all the way back to "metal gear" on MSX. its an awesome story. you really got to borrow a mates PS3 bridge and set aside a good 20 hours, its worth it. but be warned, one of the cutscenes is 2 hours long! so dont play the game on a time limit!

MGS1 is the best one i think, its got the best mix of story and gameplay, the soundtrack is Awesome, one of the best soundtracks ive ever heard in a spy game, Mantis gives me chills every time, plus, tell me one real world set action game after MGS that hasn't had the player fight a Helicopter at one point, its iconic! think ive clocked it about 12 times,. it doesnt get old.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 09:30 PM by the dark side.)
10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-10-2012, 09:26 PM)the dark side Wrote: you dont want to play MGS5 or revegence before MGS4, as MGS4, no spoilers here, explains the story behind the entire metal gear series, going all the way back to "metal gear" on MSX. its an awesome story. you really got to borrow a mates PS3 bridge and set aside a good 20 hours, its worth it. but be warned, one of the cutscenes is 2 hours long! so dont play the game on a time limit!

MGS1 is the best one i think, its got the best mix of story and gameplay, the soundtrack is Awesome, one of the best soundtracks ive ever heard in a spy game, Mantis gives me chills every time, plus, tell me one real world set action game after MGS that hasn't had the player fight a Helicopter at one point, its iconic! think ive clocked it about 12 times,. it doesnt get old.
Believe me, the cutscenes are the main reason I play the games. But 2 hours seems overkill even for MGS. Is there any way to pause the cutscenes this time? Anyway I don't know anyone with a PS3; I'm seriously considering buying one just for MGS4 though. Might be able to get myself one for Christmas (I just upgraded my PC so I'm flat broke at the moment). Still, I have no interest in PS3 apart from that and Siren: Blood Curse and maybe a few other games so it seems like a huge waste of money.
10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

(10-10-2012, 09:38 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 09:26 PM)the dark side Wrote: you dont want to play MGS5 or revegence before MGS4, as MGS4, no spoilers here, explains the story behind the entire metal gear series, going all the way back to "metal gear" on MSX. its an awesome story. you really got to borrow a mates PS3 bridge and set aside a good 20 hours, its worth it. but be warned, one of the cutscenes is 2 hours long! so dont play the game on a time limit!

Believe me, the cutscenes are the main reason I play the games. But 2 hours seems overkill even for MGS. Is there any way to pause the cutscenes this time? Anyway I don't know anyone with a PS3; I'm seriously considering buying one just for MGS4 though. Might be able to get myself one for Christmas (I just upgraded my PC so I'm flat broke at the moment). Still, I have no interest in PS3 apart from that and Siren: Blood Curse and maybe a few other games so it seems like a huge waste of money.

agreed. MGS is all about its wonderfull story. yes, you can pause the cutscenes in MGS4. dont worry, yes, that cutscene is very long... but, its also the best cutscene in the game, it is Spec-tac-u-lar! and i dont use that word often!

ps3 is a bit of a waste of money at full price, it doesnt have Anti Aliasing, and its very noisy when running, its also prone to just "freezing up" for no reason. its also got a horrible official pad with "sawn off" trigger keys with no surrounds, but you can get aftermarket ones wich have trigger button surrounds like the old PS1 and 2 pads.

i have seen used 200 gig model PS3's for about £60 though, the price of one AAA boredom fest these days, so it may not be such a waste at that price. games to go for are Siren, MGS4, and if you want a real Howl, try the "ratchet and clank" games, they are hilarious, plus, they are also rather difficult!

shame Gran Turismo 5 is, and a lot of people agree from what ive seen on the internet, a total utter let down, some even call it a disaster. i actually baught my ps3 for GT5.. i wasnt too happy when i rented it and found it to be pants.

But, yeah, MGS4 is awesome, its well worth the outlay, then weve got "Metal gear solid: ground zero" coming next year wich sees you playing as Big Boss in 1986, with open world levels, vehicles, and even better stealth, i think that is going to be more than worth keeping an eye on.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 09:53 PM by the dark side.)
10-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(10-10-2012, 09:48 PM)the dark side Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 09:38 PM)Bridge Wrote:

agreed. MGS is all about its wonderfull story. yes, you can pause the cutscenes in MGS4. dont worry, yes, that cutscene is very long... but, its also the best cutscene in the game, it is Spec-tac-u-lar! and i dont use that word often!

ps3 is a bit of a waste of money at full price, it doesnt have Anti Aliasing, and its very noisy when running, its also prone to just "freezing up" for no reason. its also got a horrible official pad with "sawn off" trigger keys with no surrounds, but you can get aftermarket ones wich have trigger button surrounds like the old PS1 and 2 pads.

i have seen used 200 gig model PS3's for about £60 though, the price of one AAA boredom fest these days, so it may not be such a waste at that price. games to go for are Siren, MGS4, and if you want a real Howl, try the "ratchet and clank" games, they are hilarious, plus, they are also rather difficult!

shame Gran Turismo 5 is, and a lot of people agree from what ive seen on the internet, a total utter let down, some even call it a disaster. i actually baught my ps3 for GT5.. i wasnt too happy when i rented it and found it to be pants.

But, yeah, MGS4 is awesome, its well worth the outlay, then weve got "Metal gear solid: ground zero" coming next year wich sees you playing as Big Boss in 1986, with open world levels, vehicles, and even better stealth, i think that is going to be more than worth keeping an eye on.
And it's going to be on PC (or so I've heard)!

Also, I love the Ratchet & Clank games. They were on PS2 though, unless you're talking about PS3 exclusive R&C games, which I haven't heard of.
10-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Find