Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Content
TheMadmaxster Offline

Threads: 7
Custom Content

Hi all!!!
So I have been watching harshlycritial lately and I saw his video on, A voice in the darkness, or whatever it was called. I heard it was a custom story and it had custom content. Is it possible to create custom content in an amnesia custom story? If so how?
Thanks,
-TheMadmaxster
10-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Custom Content

Use a modeling program: Maya/3D's max (student license) or Blender (free).

I have written a few guides available in the section developement articles. The rest is up to you (google be thine friend).

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

10-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Custom Content

I assume that by custom content you mean 3D models, textures and animations. Like Acies said, those are created with for example 3ds Max, Blender or Maya. (My personal recommendation would be Maya, since Max has some problems with the export of animations and I never used Blender)

From those programs, the models and animations are exported with the open COLLADA plugin. Textures are mostly created with Photoshop or a similar program and exported as .dds with the help of the Nvidia plugin.

When you have your models and textures exported, you use Frictionals own tools (material editor and model editor respectively) to create the .mat and .ent files you can then use in the level editor.

That's it for a general overview ^^ For more details on a specific subject you can also check the wiki.
10-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Find