Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Living Memories - Total Conversion
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Living Memories - Total Conversion

I was unaware those were "WIP" screenies. In my defense, they look fairly consistent with the end product screenshots of your previous mod, so the assumption didn't seem like much of a stretch to me. I'm glad to see you're putting more time into the mapping - good luck.

Don't stop until it looks better than the original game Big Grin

P.S. What's the deal with the "Testing Platform"? It seems like a lot of extra work when you could just be in dev mode to accurately test everything.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-20-2012, 12:11 AM
Find
Shambles Offline

Threads: 4

Wait, when did we get a map nearly done?
10-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

(10-20-2012, 12:11 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I was unaware those were "WIP" screenies. In my defense, they look fairly consistent with the end product screenshots of your previous mod, so the assumption didn't seem like much of a stretch to me. I'm glad to see you're putting more time into the mapping - good luck.

Don't stop until it looks better than the original game Big Grin

P.S. What's the deal with the "Testing Platform"? It seems like a lot of extra work when you could just be in dev mode to accurately test everything.
The testing platform let's everyone try the maps on different computers fast and easy.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
10-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Also, 10 people seems like an awful lot for a mod team, considering the original game had less than 15 developers (and is much higher quality than this based on what I've seen). The more people you get, the more
likely it will far apart before you can publish a finalized version.
In their defense - while the Frictional team could work full time on Amnesia, these guys can only spend what free time they have on the project. So in a way a higher number of people could be justified, because each individual can contribute less man-days of work.

But I fully agree, the bigger the team the more organization you need to keep everything in order. So my suggestion would be to have one member be responsible for the project planning. Get time estimations from everyone, make a planning, set priorities, define milestones... Don't laugh, it really helps a lot from my experience.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012, 01:09 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Find
Wapez Offline

Threads: 37

(10-22-2012, 01:08 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: Also, 10 people seems like an awful lot for a mod team, considering the original game had less than 15 developers (and is much higher quality than this based on what I've seen). The more people you get, the more
likely it will far apart before you can publish a finalized version.
In their defense - while the Frictional team could work full time on Amnesia, these guys can only spend what free time they have on the project. So in a way a higher number of people could be justified, because each individual can contribute less man-days of work.

But I fully agree, the bigger the team the more organization you need to keep everything in order. So my suggestion would be to have one member be responsible for the project planning. Get time estimations from everyone, make a planning, set priorities, define milestones... Don't laugh, it really helps a lot from my experience.
Yes, I'm taking care of that. This far it's working out good since we have great communication via Skype.

Founder & Legally Accountable Publisher of Red Line Games.
Environment & Gameplay Designer and Scripter.
http://moddb.com/mods/in-lucys-eyes
10-22-2012, 04:11 PM
Find
Shambles Offline

Threads: 4

Edit: Nevermind! I figured it out.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2012, 05:26 PM by Shambles.)
10-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Find