Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

(Overture) can't see the steam coming from the floor
Elmatpe Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago (Overture) can't see the steam coming from the floor

This is also (how ironic) a version of the game bougth through Steam.

There is this level in the Refinery section of the mine where, after placing the red battery/engine and opening a new path, you get into a room in which deadly steam comes up from the floor. When I get there I can hear the sound of the steam but can't see anything happening. This obviously means I'm stuck because it is impossible to continue unless you know which tiles on the floor don't have any steam coming out of them.

I've tried to turn the Gamma to a minimum just in case it was too high to see the steam but nope, I still couldn't see it. (Damn, I even tried a Game Trainer with a God Mode and it doesn't work either).

EDIT: I've managed to cross to the other side of the room by bringing with me two of the barrels from the previous room, I just jumped on top of one and dragged the other along slowly forming a secure path, jumping from one barrel to the other. However I'm still curious of why I can't see the steam.
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 04:58 PM by Elmatpe.)
10-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: (Overture) can't see the steam coming from the floor

This is odd. Maybe try loading from an autosave BEFORE the refinery map?

If not, try messing around with the graphics options. Something could be a problem here.

And considering that you were in the room with the "Key and Go-Go Juice (or gas for the Drill Machine)", there was steam there too at one point. Did you see that steam (coming out of the wall)?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: (Overture) can't see the steam coming from the floor

Possibly missing some files. Run a cache integrity check on the game in steam.
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
Website Find