Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Do you prefer visual arts or music?
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Do you prefer visual arts or music?

(10-14-2012, 06:16 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: Classical please, although a little bit of everything never hurt anybody. :3 I'll have a listen to that piece.
Well, here you are. Since this is all written in Guitar Pro which works with MIDI I had to record it off of my soundcard and assemble it in Audacity (took a bit of time). I go through phases of loving this and disliking this but it's probably the most refined of my classical pieces (though it's all over the place).
10-14-2012, 07:37 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

So to answer my own question, I'm pretty much 99% inclined towards music. I can't draw shit (maybe stick figures at best), but I am a pianist and I can agree with much of what Bridge has said here. I quit taking RCM piano exams after level 8 because treating the instrument as a test of skill erases all of its artistic merit. Nowadays, I tend to learn pieces on my own that fit my mood. I play a lot of video game music and Chopin.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

(10-14-2012, 07:37 PM)Bridge Wrote: Well, here you are. Since this is all written in Guitar Pro which works with MIDI I had to record it off of my soundcard and assemble it in Audacity (took a bit of time). I go through phases of loving this and disliking this but it's probably the most refined of my classical pieces (though it's all over the place).
Wow, the first part of that reminds me of a song by a guy called Benesh from Newgrounds. Unfortunately, he deleted it, but I still have it my computer. Maybe I could temporarily upload it somewhere?

"All over the place" describes it very well. I don't even know what to say about it yet, haha. Big Grin Too bad we can't hear it with some better samples. ^^

Hope that wasn't too much trouble, btw. 3:

^(;,;)^
10-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-14-2012, 08:36 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 07:37 PM)Bridge Wrote: Well, here you are. Since this is all written in Guitar Pro which works with MIDI I had to record it off of my soundcard and assemble it in Audacity (took a bit of time). I go through phases of loving this and disliking this but it's probably the most refined of my classical pieces (though it's all over the place).
Wow, the first part of that reminds me of a song by a guy called Benesh from Newgrounds. Unfortunately, he deleted it, but I still have it my computer. Maybe I could temporarily upload it somewhere?

"All over the place" describes it very well. I don't even know what to say about it yet, haha. Big Grin Too bad we can't hear it with some better samples. ^^

Hope that wasn't too much trouble, btw. 3:
Nah. BTW I am not this Benesh guy if you were wondering. I really haven't uploaded that much stuff on the internet, though I like hearing other people's thoughts on my work. I would really appreciate it if you would post your thoughts once you know what to make of it. Maybe it would help to know where I am coming from? The first two movements are very Messiaen inspired, the third I have no idea and the fourth is heavily inspired by Stockhausen's piece Kreuzspiel. I definitely don't consider this my absolute best though, I really enjoy writing pseudo-improvisation and so have several jazz and funk pieces that have some interesting solos. One in particular I really like is one of my first pieces from 2009:

http://soundcloud.com/gylfi-gudjohnsen/doriany-stuff

Much easier to digest, though I don't know if you will be interested in it.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2012, 08:51 PM by Bridge.)
10-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Find