Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

YouTube I can watch embedded videos but not direct
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
YouTube I can watch embedded videos but not direct

Hello this morning I am half-awake and at school. Now that I've provided that useless information let me begin: today I tried going on YouTube to see a trailer but of course it got blocked

[Image: 9bkGs.png]
After that I went onto a Wiki and it had a YouTube video which is viewable. I am wondering why I can't see YouTube videos on the site but I can see them while embedded.

10-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0
RE: YouTube I can watch embedded videos but not direct

Youtube (the actual website, not the videos) is probably blocked at your school.

"Marzipan, darling."
10-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

sounds to me like the school server censorship block, wich are often pretty crazily programmed, i remember the one at my old high school. now, bear in mind, this is the united kingdom where semi and fully automatic firearm ownership is 100% illegal for non police and military personell, the server block wouldnt allow you onto BMW (makes cars), but would allow you onto H&K (who make semi and fully automatic firearms)... failure of logic anyone?
(This post was last modified: 10-15-2012, 06:52 PM by the dark side.)
10-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Hell, we have that same "Website Blocked" screen on my school computers. Just for us Youtube isn't blocked.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
10-16-2012, 04:31 AM
Find