Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform

hmm
could you attach your hpl.log file. also compare the core/programs/*.cg files from the demo with the full release. they should be identical.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
04-26-2008, 12:08 AM
Website Find
armandch Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Overture - Graphics Problem - Fix for MAC platform

Urkle Wrote:hmm
could you attach your hpl.log file. also compare the core/programs/*.cg files from the demo with the full release. they should be identical.

Dear Urkle,

I used the following command to compare *.cg files:

diff -ru /Applications/Penumbra\ Overture/Penumbra.app/Contents/Resources/.Game/core/programs /Applications/Penumbra\ Overture\ Demo/redist/core/programs

The output result is empty, means those *.cg files from the patched version and the demo should be identical.

The attached are the hp.log files from the patched version and the demo.

Thank you for your patience! :-)
04-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

hmm. it doesn't look like the patch applied correctly. as it's still running the old binary..

Could you retry running the patch??

04-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Website Find
armandch Offline

Urkle Wrote:hmm. it doesn't look like the patch applied correctly. as it's still running the old binary..

Could you retry running the patch??

Dear Urkle,

I applied the patch several times. It patches files in the directory:

/Applications/Penumbra Overture/Penumbra.app/Contents/Resources/.Game

And it always reports that "The patch was successfully applied".

I also tried to chmod all files to permission 777 in the .Game directory, then tried the patch. The result was still the same.

I'm not sure where the problem was.

PS: I don't know how to thank you Urkle for your quick reply! Because it's Friday night and you are still working and try to help me solve the problem!
04-26-2008, 03:18 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

there shouldn't be a .Game directory there at all?

Oh wait, where did you purchase Penumbra Overture for the Mac? did you get it from the Frictional Games online store or the mac game store? If you purchased it from the later, you'll have to wait for a patch from them to update the game (we will be working with them, now that we have the patch completed).

04-26-2008, 03:48 AM
Website Find
armandch Offline

Urkle Wrote:Oh wait, where did you purchase Penumbra Overture for the Mac? did you get it from the Frictional Games online store or the mac game store?

Dear Urkle,

I purchased the game from Mac Game Store. So that's where the problem is :-)

I'll wait for the patch to come out.

Thank you very much again!
04-26-2008, 04:18 AM
Find
eXistenZ
Unregistered

jens Wrote:Sounds strange, there shouldn't be any .bz2 on the files at all. There is none on the original, and non on the file hosts mentioned and none when retrieved home. Any chance you might use some special program to download or have done any modification to the OS, installed some program that might cause this?

Great to hear you found a solution just incase someone else in the future will have a similar problem!

Thank you
Only thanks to the md5 I understood it was the dmg itself, and not a compressed file. As I wrote I downloaded it from 3 of the mirrors, and the reaaly strange thing, from 2 differend mac (my imac 2,4 OS 10.5.2 and a MacPRO whit OS 10.4.9) using safari only, and every time the file was .bz2.

Now i tried using Firefox and it's all OK (a dmg file), could be a bug in the last safari update!?!?
04-27-2008, 09:15 AM
armandch Offline

eXistenZ Wrote:Now i tried using Firefox and it's all OK (a dmg file), could be a bug in the last safari update!?!?

Hi eXistenZ,

That might be the problem of the website serving the dmg file, and the way how safari guessed the file content type. I found something on the net which might explain what happened:

MY DMG IS BWOKEN AFTER DOWNLOAD!

But the solution for client side is very simple: just get rid of the .bz2 extension! :-)
04-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Find
armandch Offline

Urkle Wrote:If you purchased it from the later, you'll have to wait for a patch from them to update the game (we will be working with them, now that we have the patch completed).

Hi Urkle,

Just curious, do you have a specific schedule for mac game store's patch? Thanks!
04-29-2008, 07:53 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

MGS got the new files yesterday and the updated version should be available soon. Check in with them to get more certain info!
04-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Website Find