Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bioshock Infinite
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: MY BODY IS READY

@ aldigheri. thats what i tried to say. The problem is, as i said, that market who will be more objective and will judge Infinate by its own merits, is very, very small. 2 million, tops, at least 8 million short of "sustainable fiqures".
As you said, the market for this game is bioshock fans (like Myself), and i also get a strong feeling they wont be impressed (like im not), just look at the youtube video comments if you dont beleive me, now, this selected comment is NOT mine, but, it sums up my feelings exactly "thats not bioshock! thats call of duty pretending to be bioshock, do not want!". i think most of the old bioshock fans will feel the same.

trust me, i think take 2 is going to loose a shedload of money on this game. thats game over. i know how businessmen operate, "unsustainable asset, YOUR FIRED!" bye bye bioshock, bye bye irrational.

@nackidno. sorry this is 24 hours late, i spent most of yesterday in bed ill, but, how in the hades is infinate anything like bioshock 1?,, you want to know why i think Infinate is a copy-paste of any modern shooter, especially a certain activision franchise, ill tell you!

The only gameplay Bioshock 1 and infinate have in common are the RPG elements and the first person perspective.

ok, as I am primarily an "if it moves, you kill it" kind of gamer, i shall use the mechanics that are central to that gameplay style, Health System, Level Design, Armoury, Crosshairs, Hip Accuracy, and Precision aiming system.

Health:
Bioshock: Medikit based, you get hurt, you stay hurt until you find or use a medikit. Copy-Paste Half Life (no problemo, half life is a game worth cloning)
Infinate: Automatic Regeneration: take cover when the screen goes red and wait for the jelly to go away, Copy-Paste COD/Battlefield (post BC2)

Level design:
Bioshock: semi open, a combination of linearic corridors and open arenas with multiple levels and paths allowing you to get the drop on the enemy, Vital if there is a Big Daddy in the room!- Copy-Paste: Goldeneye 64 (again, worth copying)
Infinate: linearic streamlined straight line corridor. copy paste: Pretty much any FPS made after 2005.

Armoury:
Bioshock: you find it, you can carry it, wheel selection, guns can be customised.. Copy-Paste, any FPS before 2002 albiet without the innovation of gun customiseation.
Infinate: 2 weapon slots. swap and change. guns cannot be customised. Copy Paste: COD/Battlefield.

Crosshairs:
Bioshock: static, point and shoot. Copy-Paste: any proper FPS
Infinate: Expanding, cant hit the broadside of a barn. Copy-Paste, COD/Battelfield.

Hip Accuracy:
Bioshock: Very high, circle straffe like a maniac at full running speed, and subtracting for a weapons mechanical innacuracy, youll still land about 80% of the magazine on whoever is in the crosshairs: copy-Paste: any FPS from before "Operation: Flashpoint".
Infinate: Extremely low, unless you are crouched, stationary, and in ADS, your not going to hit the broadside of a Victor 3 Podlovka!- Copy-Paste: COD/ Battlefield.

Precision Aim:
Bioshock: none, just run and gun= Fun! Copy Paste: any proper FPS from Wolfenstein 3d to Hard Reset.
Infinate: Aim Down Sites,, Copy Paste: any FPS since COD-2 made ADS popular.

so again, how the heck is infinate anything like Bioshock 1?

Bioshock 1 was a proper, traditional FPS, but with a massive brain, as a result, i hold it in very high regard, VERY High Regard Indeed. With infinate, it seems to have more in common with Call Of Duty and other "modern shooters" (an inferior sub genre that thankfully appears to be coming of the rails as of late) in terms of its mechanics, and they are mechanics i cannot stand and refuse to tolerate as they have No Place in over 90% of games, they are just used to try and xerox the appeal of the "big 3" franchises, a pointless exercise. they have there place, yes, but, Bioshock isnt one of them.

And before anyone comes in here running off about "but its more realistic" so what? come on, it is set on a floating city with cyborgs in it, in NINETEEN FIVETEEN! so why on Earth does it need to have any realism in it at all? Yes, realism has its place in gaming, but that place is Operation Flashpoint, ARMA, Battlefield online, etc, Not a sci fi fantasty game like Bioshock! There is only one place were a lack of realism in FPS gets my goat into a coat, and thats if the guns are wrong, because they are constantly in your schnozz, so they cant be ignored. And thats it.

Sorry, i predict a flop with this one, they've aimed it at a market that is simply not going to be interested in the majority, as its not got one of the 3 big franchise names on it, and if i know the old Bioshock fans the way i think i do, the majority are going to flip there lids at the moderniseation, and the Shocking Dumbing Down of the nostrums and vigors into simple "power ups", its not what appeals the majority of older gamers, its franchise suicide.

hey, i tried to be nice and just say i wasnt impressed with the game, and people Still roasted my gonads, so fine, sod it, im just gonna diss any game that meets my scorn from now on and call all its fans bad names, because it clearly doesnt make a monkeys difference if im polite about it or not! You Asked for it. blame no one but yourselves.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 07:32 PM by the dark side.)
10-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(10-23-2012, 09:51 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(10-23-2012, 08:06 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: Yes. Darkely isn't as "bad" as you may have thought. Not like "the dark side" or "Gaviao".
Stop saying their names Robby, you know that summons them! D:

The game looks great btw, thanks for the share Corinthian, great find!
My response to this -.- ...you mean people

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 06:54 PM by darkely.)
10-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(10-25-2012, 06:51 PM)darkely Wrote: My response to this -.- ...you mean people
Let's just ignore that. I edited my post, but somebody else didn't edit theirs, though.

Also shouldn't have done what I already did.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 06:58 PM by Robby.)
10-25-2012, 06:58 PM
Website Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

(10-25-2012, 06:58 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 06:51 PM)darkely Wrote: My response to this -.- ...you mean people
Let's just ignore that. I edited my post, but somebody else didn't edit theirs, though.

Also shouldn't have done what I already did.
No ones mad at anyone - hopefully. I am leaving my post the way it is because I love that clip.

10-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

The Dark Side: My conclusion: You hate CoD and anything that's slightly like it is a piece of trash. And you confuse realism with logic, it's not realistic to create a floating city in 1912, but it is designed in a way that makes sense. It's like Skyrim: Is it realistic? No, is it logical? yes, definitaly. It provides the feeling that such a thing could have happened, and with that point in mind, NO it's not realistic to be able to hit everything while sprinting, and no it's not realistic to be able to hip fire everything, and no it's not realistic to have perfect aim when standing in a less stable position (standing). THat kind of mechanics is broken and it belongs to a genre of shooting that's a decade old. Those times are over, want to play a old, unrealistic shooter? Play UT, Quake, HL and any other copy paste of the old games that's more your taste.

Also, the level design in infinite is not linear, in fact you can swing your way around the levels the way you want, kinda like Bioshock one, except it's cooler to ride a rollercoaster than it is to walk by foot through flooded corridors.

And your prediction that this game will flopp: No it won't, because it's made to please a big audience, that way they will sell lots of copies and be able to make a new game. That's the part you constantly miss, by making a game with outdated mechanics that please only a handfull of "elitist gamers", you won't sell as much and thus you can't make a new game. Kinda like you said that Devs should scrap 360 because it's not hip, if they do that they cut 33% of their profit, and that could jeopardise the companys feature. And to further strengthen my point: It's widely known that Infinite is one of the most anticipated games of 2013. It will sell, and it will sell good, because irrational knows what they're doing.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 07:41 PM by eliasfrost.)
10-25-2012, 07:40 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

oh really? then kindly explain to me why Serious Sam III outsold Modern Warfare 3 on pc 3 units to 1.

go on, whats your "logical" explanation for that, hmm? if there is no market for "outdated, broken shooters". yeah right, its "outdated" when it ceases to be relevant, and if its still fun, its still relevant. so as far as i am concerned, your realistic modern shooters are the "outdated and broken" ones, because they are not fun, thus, they are irrelevant.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 07:47 PM by the dark side.)
10-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Care to provide a source?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
10-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

you didnt happen to be once known on the internet as "Silenus" did you? because you're acting awfully familiar...

anyway, just check out VG charts. at Vgchartz.com

SSIII Sales. 0.03 Mil

MW3 PC Sales: 0.01 Mil

3 million sales plays 1 million sales.

Happy now?

also, aiming at a big audience is suicide, The gulf between gaming groups is too big, each one hating Everything the other demographics hate, sure, there is a small demographic that loves any and all games, but, they are hated on by everyone else. because they are apathetic. sure, Infinate may be one of the most looked forward too games of 2013, but once the word gets around that "it sucks" its going to take a sharp nosedive in sales. its aiming at too many people, that means its just going to anger all the main demographics, and thus, it wont appeal to anyone but a small band of "i love all games" wishy washy liberalistas,and will sharply nosedive in sales after everyone who pre-ordered it gets it and the word goes round the internet that it is a Bad game. you aim at 2 audiences, tops, the wishy washies and the "target audience", and you forget all other audiences, or youll get a game that falls between to stalls, fails to appeal to any particular demographic, and flops.

You don't try and market an economy hatchback to exotic car owners, because it will fail to appeal to them, too slow, and they will stick to there exotic sports cars, while the rigid suspension and silly racing parts will turn off the retirees and school mums who normally buy such cars, who will then just go and buy a nice sensible toyota auris instead. its the same with games, you dont try to aim a game like bioshock at call of duty fans, because it wont appeal to them, and they will stick to call of duty, while all you will do is make the old fans Furious because they will feel betrayed and sold up the river, so they will go and buy something that hasnt sold them out instead, and you end up with a product that, once the pre orders have sold out, nosedives and flops.

Just like deus ex human revolution, soon as the pre orders gained from the massive hype had all been shipped, and word got round the internet it sucked, the game nosedived, the same will happen with infinate.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 08:09 PM by the dark side.)
10-25-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

[Image: q5pni.jpg]

*INCOMING FLAME WAR!!!* EVERYONE HIT THE DECK!

10-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

ahh sod it! this place is troll city!
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 08:16 PM by the dark side.)
10-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Find