Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Monster Origins discovered ( no doubt )
Thetruthrevealed Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Monster Origins discovered ( no doubt )

(10-24-2012, 11:59 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Hm....yeah, but somehow I doubt that will be the case. It seems a bit too "standard-horror" to me. I believe they will go for something more surreal and psychological. Kinda like how the Silent Hill Monsters were all symbolic representations of the Protagonists personal fears. Dunno I think something like that would fit better with thechineseroom's design philosophy. Big Grin But who knows? We'll simply have to wait until it comes out I guess ^^

Yeah Silent Hill used to be one of my favorites. But it's just a little TOO intense for me. I like amnesia because of the intellecual horror and the cool atmosphere. I tried playing SH again after a long break and I just couldn't handle it. Not because it was scary but because it was so nasty >_< . I think that's what makes amnesia so special. It's voice acting and character development is just phenominal. But, I have to admit, Sepulcher from Silent Hill Homecoming is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in a video game. It beats all the others imo :3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LBKPJ_1oOo
10-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: Not because it was scary but because it was so nasty >_< .
Yeah that pretty much sums up my opinion of Silent Hill. Amazing imagery and atmosphere, thought up by what can only be truly sick minds, deep stories that really get to you - but its not exactly scary. And that is solely for gameplay reasons, namely the camera, control scheme and fighting system. If only Silent Hill 2 was remade with first-person view
and without the ability to fight - I'm 100% sure I would die of a heart attack before even completing the first level.
Quote: But, I have to admit, Sepulcher from Silent Hill Homecoming is the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in a video game.
...almost the most disturbing thing. Almost. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
10-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

None of the SH games scared me as much as Amnesia. They're a separate style of horror.

[Image: p229xcq]
10-24-2012, 11:59 PM
Find