Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help with ladders!
Zaapeer Offline

Threads: 9
Need help with ladders!

Okay so I'm working on my custom story, and I'm trying to make a ladder. I place the ladder area, just as I have done in the previous map, but in this map they don't work. I could climb in the last map, but in the newest map it doesn't work. When I look at the area the crosshair changes to a ladder, but when I click nothing happens. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem could be?
10-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Need help with ladders!

Something is blocking the way. I mean, there's something within the ladder area. Try moving it.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-25-2012, 01:04 PM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Yea, it happened to me too. The ladder must be at last 5 units large, so the player can fit. Re-size the area so it looks like an enlarged cube.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Find
Zaapeer Offline

Threads: 9

I solved it, thanks guys! Smile

I have another problem though... In one part of the cs, you are supposed to put coal in a furnace and then pull a lever to make a machine start working. I made it so that when you pull the lever it creates a particle system (steam) and also the sound for the steam. But if you pull the lever again, it creates more steam and more sound, wich is not supposed to happen. How do I fix this? And also, I made a jump scare, and made it so that when it happens the sound of the player reacting scared is supposed to play, but it doesn't...
Here's the script for the jump scare:

void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "GhostArea", "GhostFunc", true, 1);
}

void GhostFunc(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
AddPropForce("vase01_1", 0, 0, -2000, "world");
StartPlayerLookAt("vase01_1", 5, 10, "");
AddTimer("StopLookTimer1", 0.2f, "StopLookFunc1");
PlaySoundAtEntity("", "react_scare.snt", "player", 0.1f, true);
}

void StopLookFunc1(string &in asTimer)
{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

Do any of you know how to fix this? :S
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2012, 02:19 PM by Zaapeer.)
10-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Find