Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lamp Oil Refill Animation?
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Lamp Oil Refill Animation?

I was wondering if it is possible to animate that (on screen)...

Like so...

[Player hits a bound button to REFILL]
[On Screen] Left hand reachs (off-screen) for a bottle of oil, takes off the cork
[On Screen] Brings Lamp Over, takes off cap, and fills the lamp with oil
[On screen partially] tosses the empty container

Time period: 7 seconds

While the player waits for the animation to finish the player can walk (slowly - no running/sprinting) and view will be focused on the lamp/oil (looking down).

10-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Lamp Oil Refill Animation?

The only way I can imagine this working is having a script which checks the oil amount every so often (constant timer) and when there is an increase of 25+, it would be scripted to play the animation. Only problem is, there is no way to check for the exact player location without hundreds of script areas, which might cause lag. Then there's the the problem of knowing which way they are facing, up down, angle, etc. It might be possible if there was a way to attach objects to the player, but that's not possible to my knowledge...

It's a neat idea, but I think it goes JUST too far out of the engine's boundaries.
10-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Statyk: ya... I love Amnesia and all but if you have read some of my other dev. related threads my ideas are gutted due to the engines limitations...

At the least could I implement a HUD (heads up display) with a health/sanity bar?

10-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-25-2012, 05:27 PM)darkely Wrote: Statyk: ya... I love Amnesia and all but if you have read some of my other dev. related threads my ideas are gutted due to the engines limitations...

At the least could I implement a HUD (heads up display) with a health/sanity bar?
Yes, a HUD is totally possible.

First clip
10-25-2012, 06:03 PM
Find
ZodiaC Offline

Threads: 8

So is it possible to create a custom HUD?(It's small dot in the middle right?)

[Image: 2H1Mc.jpg]
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Find