Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making an entity
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Making an entity

Joints and bones are the same thing (more or less - some people also define a bone as two connected joints). Basically, 3ds max calls them bones, Maya calls them joints.
10-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Find
ZodiaC Offline

Threads: 8

Maybe instead of downloading some complicate programs like 3Ds Max or Blender, installing necessary exporters and trying to figure out how it works(It's kind of painful procedure) for a simple thing like this, you could just use Dark's Room water lurker...I know that it makes you using someone's else stuff and it's not right(And crap like this) but it's not that big deal, it's just a bone, what's the difference if you create your own, after all it's going to do the same job...I don't know maybe I'm wrong.
Anyway it's your call.

[Image: 2H1Mc.jpg]
10-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(10-30-2012, 11:37 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Joints and bones are the same thing (more or less - some people also define a bone as two connected joints). Basically, 3ds max calls them bones, Maya calls them joints.
He's mistaking it for HPL's Joints. They are put in the ModelEditor for things such as drawers, doors, levers, and the such. This is not the same as a joint in a modeling program.

If it's a little red sphere, it's a joint from a modeling program. If it's a big black circle that says "hinge" or something like that, it is from the ModelEditor. Don't get those mixed up.
10-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Find