Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how to change monster chase sound.
Josh9810 Offline

Threads: 9
how to change monster chase sound.

I tried to look but I cant really find it its not really a problem either but I would like to know if you can change the sounds when your being chased by a monster but only for one custom story so I dont want it to change it completely like if you play the main story and it has different music playing and the the terror_meter one or whatever. Any help is appreciated thanks.
10-27-2012, 09:38 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: how to change monster chase sound.

(10-27-2012, 09:38 AM)Josh9810 Wrote: I tried to look but I cant really find it its not really a problem either but I would like to know if you can change the sounds when your being chased by a monster but only for one custom story so I dont want it to change it completely like if you play the main story and it has different music playing and the the terror_meter one or whatever. Any help is appreciated thanks.
You take all the monster files from the corresponding monster, copy them, open the ent in the model editor, and then just look under userdefined variables

Trying is the first step to success.
10-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

To expand upon that:

The Danger Music is what plays when the monster is just normally walking around. Search is what plays when it's been alerted and is searching for the player. Attack is what plays when it's spotted the player and is giving chase.

10-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Find
TeamSD Offline

Threads: 3

Danger, search and attack musics are all easy to customize just like instructed, but not the terror_meter. I would myself really like to know how to change that for a custom story. Prehaps it needs a full conversion?

10-28-2012, 08:38 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

Yeah, that would require a full conversion. It's hardwired into the game.

10-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Find