Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[medium spoillers] other excavation sites?
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43
[medium spoillers] other excavation sites?

in the computer central. in the mutated guys room on his computer. in international work. thers a file called. other excavation sites.txt. if you click on it it says file is corrupted. so i cant open it but the title says other excavation sites so i think that means that ther are other bases around the world other then the shelter! meaning that the archaic is a world wide organisation! i wonder if they shut it down after the shelter realesed the turngait? or did the organisation continue working and is still waching over the situation today?

discuse.
03-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Find
sid Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [medium spoillers] other excavation sites?

My opinion is that Shelter is just a base, excavation site means a place where some archeological researches and digging were done, so guess there are more than one in Greenland near Shelter.
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

sid Wrote:My opinion is that Shelter is just a base, excavation site means a place where some archeological researches and digging were done, so guess there are more than one in Greenland near Shelter.
but it says world wide on the folder to get to txt
03-10-2008, 12:45 AM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

Threads: 16

Well, i don't know anything about the sites but i did find something special after the shacks Tongue
03-10-2008, 08:13 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

You havn't read the Archaic History? It sais right there they are world-wide, with 30'000 members in 203 installations. In the Shelter there are, well, were 88 persons (I wonder where they all went).

And yeah, I just noticed the Shelter is located on Greeland, not Greenland, according to one of the notes Wink I think it's the first typo I find in Black Plague.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Find
Crusher Offline

Threads: 0

Some spoilers ahead:

Well, if the story is inspired or based on the works of H.P. Lovecraft (and it is), then it's pretty safe to assume that the Archaic is based on some of the cults from Lovecraft's works and from Call of Cthulhu PnP RPG, at least it looks this way. So, in my humble opinion, the Archaic must have more shelters scattered through many remote places around the globe (or through the dark corners of earth, if you like it more this way Tongue), and even if they say that they use the findings for the "good of mankind", I wouldn't trust them. They can't be up to no good, diggind for alien artifacts and knowledge.

It would be great if we can see more of it in some future games, the story of Philip may be over, but the Archaic it's not.

"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Or what's a heaven for?"
Robert Browning
03-11-2008, 12:15 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

defence is another. I hear in Sweden, that's how it's spelt, but in America, it's defense.
and not trying to pick on anything, but one of our developers, Thomas, is saying where instead of were, and were instead of where.

Where do you go, not were do you go?
Were you interested in the story, not where you interested in the story?

I know going from one language to another must be tough. to get most of it, and to understand what they say is cool enough by me.
03-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Chrusher, I don't think the Archaic are HP inspired. From what I gather they are like "Men in Black", protecting the world from xeno-threats. They don't seem the least religious to me.
Jeremy, what are you saying? I don't get anything what you're saying, you should have quoted whatever you're on about. And though I have no clue what you're talking about "defence" in Swedish is "beskydd"/"skydd".

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Find