Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Geany HPL2 Support Pack, Release 1

(10-29-2012, 10:20 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: It's easy to become attached to a forum - any forum, really. It's easy to find a social circle of friends, who share your opinions on movies and games and what-have-you,
BUT
in my opinion, you come to a developers forum to develop and work. You should never lose sight of that, because if you lose sight of that, you will end up spending your time involved in forum user social drama instead of developing your custom story. Usually hours and days will fly by while you're scouring your "personal hangout" for social interaction. In the end you might even get banned for picking a passionate fight with someone popular, because they liked the wrong movie, and lose out on future development help because of it. That's understandable on social sites, because social sites are meant to be nuts that way, but at development sites, there's always going to be my mental image of an intended player of my story, who is not actually playing my story, crickets chirping in the background, as he wonders what's keeping the story.
I miss you guys, but is that really a positive thing? I also miss trying to create stories, but there's also all this other stuff in my life that has to come first.

Take care.
No problemo. I'm still treading the Game development waters. After our team project release, I'll be giving engines such as Unreal3 and maybe Unity a shot. I'll still be on the forums of course, but I plan to expand my knowledge.
11-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(11-01-2012, 03:13 AM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: I credited you for the tag list. I hope I was right about that.

Well, i generated that list with a PHP script i made from the HPL2 functions XML file that Apjjm modified from the original HPS Notepad++ XML file found in the wiki. I can provide you with the PHP script if you want.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Website Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

(10-31-2012, 11:37 AM)LulleBulle Wrote: I couldn't get the colourpack to work. Haven't check wether or not the typo/syntax check works but I'll come back with feedback later !
It's been four days since your post now, and you didn't give me any additional details when I asked for them by mail, so I'm going to assume that you didn't install the pack correctly before, but that you got it working now.
You can't just say "It doesn't work." and then just leave me hanging.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

11-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Find