Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Adding Non-steam amnesia to steam? (And another question)
Amethyst Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Adding Non-steam amnesia to steam? (And another question)

Hello there!

I am going to be getting AmnesiaBig Grinark Descent from the Frictional Games site, since it is on sale for 75% off (5$)

I would like to get it from steam so that it will be in my steam library, but it isn't on sale there.

So I am wondering if it is possible for me to download Amnesia from the Frictional Games site (Or somewhere else?), and then add it to Steam, so that it will be as if I bought the game it from steam? (I.E, steam achievement pop ups and such)

(Also if I buy it from Frictional Games, it is a download, and not a shipment of the game, correct?)

Thanks much in advance!

EDIT: 70 views and no at least attempted answers? Sad
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2012, 03:00 AM by Amethyst.)
10-29-2012, 01:27 AM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Adding Non-steam amnesia to steam? (And another question)

Maybe you could try entering your serial number into the add game button on Steam? It's on your Library in bottom-left corner than activate a product and enter serial if you got one.

Otherwise, you could just do add non-Steam game using the same button. But that will count Amnesia as non-Steam shortcut and will not record playtime or give achievements but all your Steam friends will see you playing it.

Let me know how that goes... But that's really all I can think of

10-29-2012, 03:17 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Adding Non-steam amnesia to steam? (And another question)

Activating Amnesia through Steam is not possible.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Website Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Alright. Then the only way to add Amnesia to your Steam library is to add the shortcut Sad

10-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Website Find
Amethyst Offline

Threads: 2

Ah I gotcha, oh well then. Well thanks much anyways for the answers. I got it from Desura instead of the Frictional site.

Thanks!! Big Grin
10-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

No problem Smile

10-30-2012, 01:29 AM
Website Find