Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Articles for Voice actors
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5
Information  Articles for Voice actors

I found it hard to decide where to put this, as I have the best of intentions; I want to place this where people will actually look. If you think there is a better forum for it, inform me; although I don't think it matters to such a great extent.
Yeah, this makes more sense.

Anyway, I found several fine websites which provide voice actors and editors alike assistance in improving their performance, and even introduce them to new possibilities. My main dish in this topic concerns "Vocal warm ups" and everything which comes with it, it is important to learn these techniques to acquire a better access to your vocal range and even insure the cord's health. The information I am sharing may seem like overkill to some, so take this to heart only if you're serious about this.

(Recommended) Body and Voice exercises - This article goes thoroughly on the physical importance, and methods, of relaxing the entire body and notably the vocal-cords and tongue to achieve better sound. Basically, this article touches EVERYTHING.

VoiceActingAlliance - this Forum contains alot of information regarding how to perform as a voice actor from accents to warm-ups.

Voice Vocal Warm-ups - an ebook which thoroughly explains the definition of warm ups, the need for it and the myriad variety of warm-ups methods. Rather useful if "warm ups" is not included in your lexicon.

Tongue Twisters - What it says on the box. This one is by far the easiest to find if you look; Tongue Twisters are lines of text which take on the task to improve the articulation of a consistent consonant or vowel (big black bug bit a big black bear).

[Video] How to Breath from the Diaphragm (And more) - A 4 part lecture about healthy breathing exercises (This can also be used for meditation). I left my vocal-vids playlist in if you enjoy videos better than reading materials.

IDEA, International Dialects - Poke the menu to the right to navigate yourself to the appropriate region, this website hosts several samples of voiceovers which convey the accent and dialect of a given region.

I think that's it. Hopefully someone will find this useful, good luck.

(This post was last modified: 11-02-2012, 08:04 AM by Solipsist.)
10-29-2012, 10:58 PM
Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Articles for Voice actors

Moved to development articles.
10-30-2012, 08:02 AM
Find
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Articles for Voice actors

Cheers Traggey, I am here to update with one more great resource I received :

IDEA, International Dialects
- Poke the menu to the right to navigate yourself to the appropriate region, this website hosts several samples of voiceovers which convey the accent and dialect of a given region.

11-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Find