Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
No
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you guys think of UFO's?
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: What do you guys think of UFO's?

So... how did a UFO thread turn into religious discussion, exactly?

Anyway, here are my thoughts on the matter. The Universe is colossal, and I do not see a reason why extraterrestrial, sentient life could not exist within its bounds. Earth is a single planet. The Sun holds that planet. The Sun is in the Milky Way, which is our galaxy. There are millions of stars in a single galaxy, each with their own planets. Now think of how many galaxies there are.

There are more stars than we could possibly measure. These means that there are even more planets. It seems strange to claim that out of the trillions and trillions of planets within our Universe, only Earth has life.

However, even if there is life outside Earth, we may not be the most technologically advanced. Again, there are so many bastions that could support life in our Universe, that if one has life, there will be more. And what if those planets were formed before Earth? There could be a race with space travelling capabilities that were able to travel in space before Earth even existed. Think about it.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
11-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(11-02-2012, 12:14 AM)Zaffre Wrote: So... how did a UFO thread turn into religious discussion, exactly?
I have no idea.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
11-02-2012, 02:01 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(11-01-2012, 11:16 PM)Your Computer Wrote: So an alien from outer space accomplishing a goal of visiting our planet Earth from the far reaches of the universe wouldn't contradict not one thing that we know about physics or biology today, not even one of the premises you gave?

So, even though contradicted by the very existence of a far away alien lifeform, what we know about physics and biology today would still remain practical in explaining how the alien managed to get here from a solar system that would have required decades of travel or more based on our knowledge of theoretical space travel and how a species is designed to survive?
Certainly, if they managed to reach us. This hasn't happened yet as we haven't the smallest of indications or proof so we are assuming are knowledge is correct. Of course we can be proven wrong in the future, but with what we know right now this is very unlikely to happen.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

11-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Find