Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Do you believe in UFO's?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
37.50%
6 37.50%
No
62.50%
10 62.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

What do you guys think of UFO's?
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
What do you guys think of UFO's?

Do you guys believe in the phenomenon of Unidentified Flying Objects? I certainly do.

The topic of UFO's has always fascinated me, yet the only evidence we see is glimpses that only last a few seconds. Funny thing is, most UFO's people see are circular saucers, and there is not many UFO's reported where they are not in the shape of a flying saucer.

So, what is your opinion? I'd like to know.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
10-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: What do you guys think of UFO's?

failedALIAS think that they're hot.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
10-30-2012, 10:32 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

It's wishful thinking to think we've come in contact with any sort of alien beings. Most people who claim to have seen UFO's are either crazy or trying to get attention. There's a good chance (based on the vastness of the universe alone) that there is life somewhere out there though.

Such supposed sightings always have a logical explanation.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: The topic of UFO's has always fascinated me, yet the only evidence we
see is glimpses that only last a few seconds. Funny thing is, most UFO's
people see are circular saucers, and there is not many UFO's reported
where they are not in the shape of a flying saucer.
If by UFO you mean Alien spaceships, then no. Aliens aren't traveling from lightyears away to study this:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 260px-20100516_Vacas_Vilarromar%C3%ADs,_Oroso-8-1.jpg]
[Image: chimpanzee-1.jpg]
[Image: honey-boo-boo.jpg?w=262]

As for the phenomenon itself, several cases have been reported hoaxes, false alarms, and hysteria. There are also cases of government aircraft being reported as UFO's. Weather Balloons, kites, Ball lightning. There are some cases that haven't been explained. But that's it. They haven't been explained. I don't see why people draw conclusions from "Can't explain." We also can't explain dark energy, I guess Aliens did that too.

As you can tell, I am very cynical about things like this.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(10-30-2012, 10:49 PM)Aldighieri Wrote:
Quote: The topic of UFO's has always fascinated me, yet the only evidence we
see is glimpses that only last a few seconds. Funny thing is, most UFO's
people see are circular saucers, and there is not many UFO's reported
where they are not in the shape of a flying saucer.
If by UFO you mean Alien spaceships, then no. Aliens aren't traveling from lightyears away to study this:
Spoiler below!

[Image: 260px-20100516_Vacas_Vilarromar%C3%ADs,_Oroso-8-1.jpg]
[Image: chimpanzee-1.jpg]
[Image: honey-boo-boo.jpg?w=262]

As for the phenomenon itself, several cases have been reported hoaxes, false alarms, and hysteria. There are also cases of government aircraft being reported as UFO's. Weather Balloons, kites, Ball lightning. There are some cases that haven't been explained. But that's it. They haven't been explained. I don't see why people draw conclusions from "Can't explain." We also can't explain dark energy, I guess Aliens did that too.

As you can tell, I am very cynical about things like this.
Yes, I do mean Alien Spaceships.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
10-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I've seen an aircraft that i would not claim any human would design it, but i recognize also that doesn't mean aliens from outer space were flying it. But who would create an aircraft triangular in shape, perfectly camoflauged by the night sky, that generates no noticable sound, with three giant lights (i.e. taking up about 25% to 30% of space each) on the bottom of the aircraft?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
10-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

(10-30-2012, 11:20 PM)Your Computer Wrote: But who would create an aircraft triangular in shape, perfectly camouflaged by the night sky, that generates no noticeable sound, with three giant lights (i.e. taking up about 25% to 30% of space each) on the bottom of the aircraft?
Easily explained as military aircraft testing.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-30-2012, 11:25 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: But who would create an aircraft triangular in shape, perfectly
camoflauged by the night sky, that generates no noticable sound, with
three giant lights (i.e. taking up about 25% to 30% of space each) on
the bottom of the aircraft?
I think lights are standard issue for aircraft, even stealth fighters. If they were on then the craft was probably not on a military mission.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-30-2012, 11:32 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

My family and I were once coming home one night from a 4th of July firework show in our car. And it was crowded on the streets, so we weren't moving. I looked up and was gazing at stars in the sky, when I noticed what almost looked like an airplane on fire. It flickered faintly, and it moved quite slowly considering how high it was (determining height from movement and light, I would say it was about as high as a commercial airplane). I pointed to it for my family and they all saw it too. It continued in one slow direction, REALLY high, a redish-orange light in the sky. We were expecting to hear a story about a airplane on fire on the news, but we didn't. Eventually, the light dissipated and there was NO more light and we kind of feared for it, again, thinking it was a commercial airline. Now, I'm NOT sure if it was just a firework, but the show was long over with, and it was SO high, if there was a firework that could reach that height, it'd be one hell of one, and wouldn't come after the finale, would it? While everyone is leaving? I don't know, I'm not going to say it was aliens, or fireworks, I just have no idea what the hell it was. =\

As for aliens, I of course believe in them. It'd be stubborn to think we're the only "intelligent" life out there. In ALL HONESTY, I AM NOT CRAZY, and I don't dwell on this, go searching for details or any of that crap, but I believe this planet may be used as an alien species' "species test". How do random species show up here? A bit of evolution may be involved, but these new ones do not come out of nowhere. It's not "poof", new animal... What makes these "abductions" any different from us?

Take scientists who use animals for research for example. We take them from their home (like aliens may abduct us), we perform things on them, then put them back into the wild, usually tagged. Who's to say aliens aren't doing the same thing to us? That WE are their mice?

Welcome, to the Twilight Zone...

But seriously, that's what I believe. Yeah, some people may be lying about being abducted, but I'm sure there are a few out there that may have. =\
10-30-2012, 11:33 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Click here if you have a few minutes to spare. It's a surprisingly large industry where the foolish are exploited for monetary gain.

The sheer number of delusional people is pretty laughable.

I rate it 3 memes.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2012, 11:44 PM by Adny.)
10-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Find