Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Capitalist Pig
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
Capitalist Pig

Oswald Mandus had been wracked with fever for the past several weeks, leaving much of the management of his company as well as his employees in the care of select coworkers. Today, however, he had had a sudden renewal of energy, and felt active enough to return to work. The current managers of his company were already doing a wonderful job, and Oswald decided to reward them by throwing a corporate party. They were invited to his mansion that night to eat dinner.

The dining room was well lit and bounding with activity while Oswald arrived with all the food he had prepared for the feast. Everyone was busy talking until the bell rang to signify that dinner was ready. Each individual seated themselves at the dining table, with Oswald (who was still a bit weak with his sickness) at the very front. Everybody clapped to congratulate Oswald's efforts as well as his miraculous recovery while he took his seat - in full capitalist costume: a black suit and tie and top hat - to declare the opening of the meal.

"Good afternoon, gentlemen," Oswald said once the room was quiet. "It is a pleasure to have all of you over for dinner tonight. I must thank you for all the hard work that you've put into the management of my company while I was sick." He paused to cough, evidently still a bit weak from his ordeal with the terrible fever. "Thus, this meal that I have cooked is to show my appreciation for all of you, my friends."

There was a round of applause and loud clapping.

"Without further ado, let us sit down and begin this feast!"

Everyone cheered before lifting up the covers of their bowls to begin eating. Oswald felt surprisingly hungry and was the first to dig into his food, tearing up slice after slice of meat with his knife and fork and stuffing each portion greedily into his mouth. He ate almost sloppily, though this was to be excused considering the fact that he hardly ate well while he had been sick. But even Oswald himself was aware that he was perhaps overdoing it: saliva dripped from his mouth, and an uncanny glare shone in his eyes as he stared with frenzy at the meat out on the plate before him. It took a while for him to realize that the room had gone deathly silent, and that no one was eating anything.

"Is there something wrong?" Oswald asked, food still in his mouth.

"Uh...." One of his friends, an individual by the name of Daniel, began: "This certainly wasn't what we've expected." He pointed to all the food across the table.

"What's the problem?"

Another man, Thomas, was almost about to eat but had dropped the food back onto his plate from his fork when he saw how greedily Oswald had been eating. "It's....well, all meat."

"Pork, specifically," Daniel added. "We didn't expect our dinner to be all pork and nothing else." He poked at the slices of meat on his plate with his fork as if to test its quality and juiciness. Across the table, no other food was available. Pork lay upon everybody's plate.

Oswald had finally calmed himself and stopped eating, though the man still appeared ravenously hungry. He leaned back in his seat. "But pork is healthy for you, wouldn't you think?"

Doubtful murmurs and whispers rose across the table.

Oswald sighed. "I can't let all this food go to waste. Come on, everybody - eat up! I've prepared this tender and delicious pork" - saliva began to drip from his mouth again - "just for you gentlemen tonight."

Slowly, people began to bring the pork onto their forks and into their mouths. Everybody was about to resume eating normally when suddenly a woman by the name of Justine declared: "What is that smell coming from that kitchen!?"

Others were beginning to notice it too. Immediately handkerchiefs were brought to noses while cries of utter disgust and revulsion began to spread across the table. Oswald had smelled the foul and rancid odour as well, though a bit later than the others; he stood up from his seat and hurried into the kitchen to check out where it was coming from. He hurried towards the iced storage box behind some drawers where he kept all his usual food and pulled the box out.

The stench was almost stifling. Enhanced by his weakened and sick state, Oswald felt like he was going to vomit. All the raw pork had become almost a putrid rotten. He wondered why he had not observed the state of the food in the box before he had begun cooking dinner; now all of it would have to be thrown out. With a groan of disgust, Oswald dumped the box into the nearest garbage can before hurrying back into the dining room to his distressed colleagues to relay the news.

"What was going on?" Daniel asked.

"Most of the pork has gone bad," Oswald replied, much to the dismay of those across the room who had already begun eating. Several of them looked like they were about to vomit as well and excused themselves to leave the room. The others remained seated, albeit with hardly concealed looks of disgust upon their faces.

"Where did you even get all this pork from, anyways?" Thomas asked from the far end of the table. A handkerchief was still held against his nose.

"I was going to announce the news after dinner was over," Oswald answered with a sigh, "But I suppose I'll tell you now."

The man stood up and took a deep breath, straightening his shoulders: "Just last week, I signed a business deal with Brennenburg® incorporated, a company from Prussia who is interested in selling us their goods." Mutters of surprise rose across the table, and Oswald refrained from speaking until everyone had quieted down again. "After reading over all the terms and conditions, I have agreed to their offer. Our benefit is a weekly supply of pork and various culinary instruments which will be delivered to my house every Saturday."

Questioning looks appeared from everybody across the table. Daniel was the first to stand up and ask, "What good would that do?"

"Daniel, my friend," Oswald answered in the most pleasant tone he could muster, "Pork is the healthiest of all foods! Only the wealthiest are able to acquire it for consumption." When he saw that no one appeared satisfied with his response, Oswald cleared his throat and continued: "Tell you what. I know that tonight's dinner was rather outrageous - but I'll cook all of you another meal in no time. Why don't you fine gentlemen stay for a couple more hours?"

There were audible groans from all his guests - evident that most of them now wanted to leave - but Oswald did not wait for a response from them. He hurried out of the dining room, going downstairs past the kitchen and towards the storage part of his basement where all the pork had been delivered last Saturday. There was sure to be some fresh ones left for him to butcher up and cook.

The storage was dark and cold - the perfect environment for long-term storing of food. Oswald lit up a lantern and walked towards the place where all the live pigs were kept. He found it strange that his business partner from Brennenburg® inc. (a man by the name of Alexander) had delivered all the pigs to him in large cages, and recommended that they be kept tightly behind bars. Oswald thought that a sty would've been far more fitting, though he had to admit - these pigs were very much on the large side. He approached one of the cells where a family of pigs was kept. Inspecting them from behind bars, Oswald noted that they were all asleep; he quickly decided that the youngest of them, a male piglet, looked the most plump and juicy and would well serve to be tonight's main course.

Using the machine that he had crafted for the specific task of the retrieval of pigs, Oswald lifted the piglet out of its cell and placed it within a small cage. He noticed that the family behind the bars began to squeal in pleading fright and terror as their youngest disappeared, and Oswald nearly had to plug his ears in order to preserve his sanity and concentration. There was something strange about the way these pigs screamed: they seemed to make very coherent sounds and syllables with each shriek, almost as if they were speaking actual words. Oswald laughed it off; he was probably just feeling sick again. But he would be well enough to cook for the night, and quickly took the caged piglet to one of the culinary instruments sent from Brennenburg® incorporated.

Alexander had given him very specific instructions. The butchering must be prolonged for as long as possible in order to saturate the pigs' blood with the maximum amount of an apparently delicious and life-nurturing liquid before they were cooked. Oswald hung the little male piglet, bound and gagged, up-side down from a rope. His culinary instrument of choice today was to be the saw. As he worked, Oswald thought that he heard very familiar and intelligible cries of pain from the gagged pig, but shrugged it off again as due to the effects of his sickness. He would not stop at anything to provide dinner for his guests tonight in order to save his dignity and reputation.

Once the pig was fully butchered, he placed it within another storage box before bringing it back upstairs into the kitchen. For some reason, he suddenly felt extremely tired and not up to cooking for the night, and so he called down his chef.

Half a minute later, a skulking man with a rather large jaw entered the room. He was one of the servants sent from Brennenburg® incorporated to help cook the pigs, a man by the name of Mr. Grunt.

"I must say, you're a better butcher than my former master was," Mr. Grunt said as he unveiled the lid of the storage box and saw the freshly sliced up pig meat inside. "It's absolutely saturated with Vitae."

"Oh, is that what they call it?" Oswald knew he had forgotten the name of the special liquid preserved in the pigs' blood.

"Master Alexander told me not long ago that Vitae can only be sufficiently produced in humans," Mr. Grunt continued as he took the meat out of the box. "I'm surprised that he was wrong after all. Who knew that pigs could prove so effective?"

"Yep," Oswald answered with an uncanny smile upon his face, "These are some excellent pigs, alright."

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013, 11:52 PM by Froge.)
11-01-2012, 02:25 AM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Capitalist Pig

Is this legit or a fan fic?
11-01-2012, 02:35 AM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

I have to say, your fanfics are actually pretty impressive.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
11-01-2012, 02:39 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I don't know really what to really say. XD Is this an actual story, or is it another fan-fic? Because, I'd prefer the former to be honest. The random Amnesia shout-outs kinda felt odd, I think the idea itself is good enough without the references.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
11-01-2012, 03:13 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

I think it was very good, except it often is too revealing. Like how it's instantly apparent that the pigs are people. When you should have eased into it more.
11-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Relevant bump.

09-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Can you at least let us know that is it a fanfiction before we start reading the story?

And don't we have a subforum here on the Frictional Games Forum for fan creations?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2013, 08:46 PM by Macgyverthehero.)
09-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Not when it's better than the actual aamfp leleleleel XD

09-27-2013, 08:51 PM
Find