Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

THE GTA Thread
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: THE GTA Thread

Is a vote for it to be 75% off meaning £10 at the moment. I voted for Portal 2 though.

[Image: luv.gif]
07-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Goddamnit. Now it's on 75% sale... If I had waited for 12 hours I could have gotten another game for those 5€ *First world problems*
07-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

(07-12-2013, 03:06 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(07-12-2013, 06:01 AM)Tiger Wrote: I just bought GTA IV for 10 bucks on Steam. I thought if anywhere, it'd be most relevant here...

I think I got the whole GTA IV collection for that much during one particular sale XD

Then again, I got the GTA Complete Pack (1, 2, 3, VC, SA, 4+expansions) for 10€ 2 years ago.

rock beats scissors

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
07-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

So I thought this would be the best place to bring this up, but I've encountered a bit of an issue. You see, in my town there's this store called GameXchange that sells, you guessed it, video games. They sell only older games, from PS2 to Super Nintendo -- they got it all. While browsing this fine establishment with my buddies, I encountered two titles of significance: GTA: Vice City and San Andreas, respectively. I've never played any of the GTA games, my parents always having been quite protective, and while they consented to titles like Halo, I could never warm them up to the concept of manslaughter, grand theft auto, and robbery. I've been thinking, me being a teenager and all, that it's high time I engaged in some rebellious activity. This being my first (probably also last) act of defiance against my kin, I'd like to make it special. I only have enough money for one of the two -- San Andreas costing more.

Which should I purchase? I like to believe myself to have a sense of class. Does that point in the direction of Vice City? I enjoy exploration. Does that turn my favor towards San Andreas?
07-13-2013, 11:32 AM
Find
Artyom Offline

Threads: 27

San andreas, there's an insane amount of things you can do in that game, especially if you like mystical game myths and other things. I played SA for probably 2-3 years before I got tired of it.

As for VC meh... I never liked that gta, it felt so linear and boring to play to be honest.

Anyhow if you'd like to go for graphics, get Gta IV. I absolutely love that game, but I can't say there's even near as much things to do in that game, compared to SA

- Inactive account -
07-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Hmm, personally I find it quite hard to go back to playing those games, as much as I loved them back the time they're really dated and the gameplay is noticeably not up to today's standard.

Vice City was my all-time favourite game growing up, I loved the 80's theme and everything and the references to Scarface and Carlito's Way. That is a personal preference that may not appeal to anyone else. Back in the day it was the best game available in every aspect though too.

Positives =
Great introduction to the style of GTA
Really fun world and setting
Missions were great (at the time)
Fairly decent length game
Awesome references and influences.

Negatives =
Pretty small map, even more noticeable today.
Very dated graphics and gameplay which may be hard to overlook.

San Andreas I have to admit, was quite overwhelming for me at first. The huge open world seemed even bigger to me back when it first came out. The amount of things you can do in general is huge compared to the limits of Vice City.

Positives =
HUGE world compared to Vice City.
Plenty to do, plenty of missions to keep you busy and other RPG elements in the mix.

Negatives =
Doesn't share the same style Vice City had for me personally.
Black protagonist means you play the stereotypical in the hoods style storylines (not racist haha)
Again the graphics and gameplay is dated.

So hopefully that helped, but remember that GTA V will be the mother of all GTA's. They're taking everything everyone loved about all the games and making it even more badass.

07-13-2013, 12:06 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

If you're interested in multiplayer then definitely get San Andreas. The multiplayer community is still very lively.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
07-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Kinda funny that, I never got online on PS2 at all. Wasn't until PS3 I discovered the internet on consoles. I played GTA IV on multiplayer a few times. Is good fun but best played with friends.

I love these guy's videos of GTA IV.

07-13-2013, 02:29 PM
Find
TwiK999 Offline

Threads: 5

Yes. That is all.

Steam ID: Yazite

Xbox Gamertag: Yazite
07-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Find