Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game doesn't crash, but goes dark
Froggy Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Question  Game doesn't crash, but goes dark

I have a unique problem that troubleshooting guides have not covered (as far as I can tell). I purchased the game a few days ago from Steam's Halloween sale (because I missed the humble bundle).
So, I'm not very far along in the game, I'm in the archives finding Daniel's 3 part letters regarding the excavation in Algeria. As soon as I pick up the 3rd note and black out, the light never comes back again. There's something about reaching towards a shimmering blue light, and then there's just darkness. The ambient sound is still there, but there's no footsteps/lantern/cursor/menu, just darkness. The only thing that pops up willingly is the Esc menu. I've saved and restarted, started from the last save point, fiddled around with the settings, updated my graphics card (which helped greatly, BTW), ran it as an admin, updated BIOS, looked for a patch, nothing. I've been looking on the interweb for days trying to fix this because this game is awesome and it scares the crap out of me.
I'd like to get back to it ASAP, so any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
HALP!
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2012, 03:05 AM by Froggy.)
11-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE:

Just skip the note. It's not necessary to have that to progress through
the game, so you can just not pick it up. If you need to, watch that
part on Youtube, and just watch what happens when the light comes back.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
11-03-2012, 01:13 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game doesn't crash, but goes dark

you have Intel HD and the problem is mentioned in the guides as far as I remember
11-03-2012, 01:42 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game doesn't crash, but goes dark

You can skip picking up the note. Or temporary set all graphics options to lowest and replay from an earlir save to get through this part.
11-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Website Find