Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question About Monster's Sight Issue? ( Possibly Spoiler )
wolkenwand Offline

Threads: 3
Question About Monster's Sight Issue? ( Possibly Spoiler )

What i mean is when you hold large object ( drawer and stuff ) to cover your face the monster will not recognize you, is this issue fixable or unfixable ? Is the monster can't be made to be able to see through the object that player hold because it's how the game's engine works and it can't be altered?
I'm sorry for asking this weird question, just curious.
Thanks
11-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Question About Monster's Sight Issue? ( Possibly Spoiler )

It needs something more advanced that it is right now. I guess the game recognizes wood, just as pillars. It's a solid object, and solid object can't be seen through. Therefore: If there is a drawer between the monster and you, it cannot see you. Though it can still hear you.

Trying is the first step to success.
11-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Find
wolkenwand Offline

Oh okay, so is it possible to make the object that is being hold by the player somehow to became solid object but the monster is able to see through it? Or is it imposibble because this is game engine limitation so once it solid object it will be like that forever and there is no other way to made it somehow transparent to monster eye?
11-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

It is impossible for us. I believe it is hardcoded into the game, how the monsters sight-functions work. I don't think you can make entities into solid objects with scripts. What i said was the game thinks that there is a solid object between you and the monster

Trying is the first step to success.
11-04-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
wolkenwand Offline

Okay thank you for the explanation. Well if this hardcoded then i hope if there is a chance sometime in the future the developer will do something about this, if it even possible to fix it. its not much of a problem though.
11-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Find