Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
modify .mat files and blood stain help
tonitoni1998 Offline

Threads: 54
modify .mat files and blood stain help

hey guys im working on my first costum map "Corridors" but im abeginner and i have problems by putting blood on the floor where the player starts. there is only "blood_pool_01.mat" with only one stain on the texture. and these would look all the same.

so how can i pick up only once of the stains from "blood_smear_01.mat" or others without modifying the .mat file or how do i modify the .mat files (which program)

thanks alot.

(by the way, do you know how to introdruce into the game like in "Justine" or "The Dark Descent"? with bured view and all that stuff...)
11-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
RE: modify .mat files and blood stain help

hey,
I don't have much time to answer you, so I can only help you with a fast link, sry. I have a meeting in 1 hour ._.

It's for your second question, how to "wake up", maybe it'll help you.
If you have problems doing it, then just post it. Wink

have a nice day ^^

edit: i forgot the link, I'm genius ! :3
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...ht=wake+up

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 05:15 PM by johnbox.)
11-06-2012, 05:15 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Quote: so how can i pick up only once of the stains from "blood_smear_01.mat" or others without modifying the .mat file or how do i modify the .mat files (which program)
You would have to open the texture file (should be a .dds file with the same name as the material) with a program like Photoshop or Gimp. There you can cut out the stains you need and save them as a new image (make sure the pixel length and width is a power of 2! 128, 256, 512 or 1024...)

Then you need to create a new material for it. You can probably copy the original stain .mat file and rename it, then open with the material editor. There you simply put in your new texture in the diffuse slot and the specular map (if you have one) in the specular slot, etc....
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 05:25 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Here's a much easier way for you to use only one of the four images in decals like "blood_smear_01.mat". In the decal settings you should see a setting which says UV SubDivisions. Set that to "2x2", and the UseSubDiv setting next to it to "Random".

The decal you are using should now randomly choose one of the four images when you place it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
tonitoni1998 Offline

Threads: 54

thanks a lot to you guys!
11-06-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

With blood i would suggest choosing which bloodstains look nice, instead of just randomly placing blood. Also think about how much blood there is in a human body

Trying is the first step to success.
11-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Find