Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More precise Enemy control
Cherubeal Offline

Threads: 2
More precise Enemy control

Basically my story requires you to move to a certain area after ingesting a potion to make you off the deep end crazy. The general idea was to have you leave the room and immediately be chased by an enemy down the corridor and be "Sheparded" by multiple enemies toward a single room which holds the key to escaping, the enemies need to follow you INTO said room for the escape mechanism to work. The enemies are too slow/stupid to create a sense of fear though.

I tried making them all aware of the player as he ran past but they pretty much lose you immediately when going through even one doorway which totally removes the sense of urgency. Forcing them to follow the player and close in on him with patrol paths is too slow, the enemies just move too slowly and seem to get stuck breaking down doors when i try and use this, also when. Making them ALL aware of the player right from the get go is tense but they are VERY VERY stupid when it comes to planning their own pathing meaning even a simple corner will stop them chasing you. Is there a way to force the enemies to run/spring or to make them chase more efficiently? So far i just teleport the enemy behind you when neccessary but it feels lazy and if youre looking behind you when it happens he just appears from nowhere. Any advice? The monsters dont feel like they were made for medium/long distance chases.

Also if its not too much to ask all in one go, at the moment respawning ruins the whole sequence, the enemy dissapears, you're not insane anymore and the tension is basically dead. How do i change this?
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012, 10:09 PM by Cherubeal.)
11-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: More precise Enemy control

You can edit the monster in the model editor to make it move faster along path nodes and to make faster turns.

(11-06-2012, 10:00 PM)Cherubeal Wrote: Also if its not too much to ask all in one go, at the moment respawning ruins the whole sequence, the enemy dissapears, you're not insane anymore and the tension is basically dead. How do i change this?

Make your own checkpoint and make use of its callback.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-07-2012, 04:02 AM
Website Find