Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Worm's Custom Story(s) ideas/questions
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
Rock Worm's Custom Story(s) ideas/questions

After some consideration, I've decided to create this thread where I can put any idea I have for a custom story; or you all discuss any of my custom stories you've played (once I release some). Life is a bit busy now so The Dark Depths is on pause for a few days, but will get back to it soon.

This thread will also serve if I have a question concerning my current story project. Below is my current question for the upcoming story The Dark Depths.

Question 1: How do I have my own "Loading Screen" image with text on it (like in FG's Amnesia)? I know it can be done, but not sure how.

Now eventually, not in this story, I'd like to have giant sea monsters chasing you while you're in a mini-sub (size of the monsters 40' to 60'). How hard would it be to have a monster chase you in a mini-sub? For that matter, how hard would it be to have a mini-sub 'fly' in the 'ocean'?

Lastly, as you know, I'm trying to make stories that 'feel' real. Translated I'm working on stories who's scenarios realistically could be possible. Some aspects might be inventions from a brilliant scientist, so these would represent 'possible' technology. After re-playing Penumbra: Overture I liked how real it felt. I hope to capture that same style feeling in my stories, so when discussing/answering my questions please take this into account.
11-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Rock Worm's Custom Story(s) ideas/questions

SetupLoadScreen("LoadingText", "Otherworld", 0, "LoadingScreen.jpg");
SetupLoadScreen("Category", "Text Entry", time text appears, "image.jpg");

Let's see... the mini-sub is very possible. If we have a mini-sub as a MoveObject and we move it all the time, while you hear monster screams behind you, it would be possible and COOL to implement.

Of course, it would require an inmense amount of work. But, who knows, maybe if I get bored... Angel

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-11-2012, 09:02 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

That sounds genuinely terrifying. My hat goes off to you, good. . . limbless beast?
11-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(11-11-2012, 09:02 AM)The chaser Wrote: SetupLoadScreen("LoadingText", "Otherworld", 0, "LoadingScreen.jpg");
SetupLoadScreen("Category", "Text Entry", time text appears, "image.jpg");

Let's see... the mini-sub is very possible. If we have a mini-sub as a MoveObject and we move it all the time, while you hear monster screams behind you, it would be possible and COOL to implement.

Of course, it would require an inmense amount of work. But, who knows, maybe if I get bored... Angel

Thanks for the info! That will certainly help when I need to have my loading screen.
Having the mini-sub as a MoveObject could work, but just making the sub (let alone the ocean area you're in) would be tricky to make indeed.

(11-11-2012, 09:25 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: That sounds genuinely terrifying. My hat goes off to you, good. . . limbless beast?

Thank you! I hope to get started on this after its prequel The Dark Depths is done. All I can say for the monsters is this: the ocean is largely unexplored so who knows what lives down there... prehistoric survivors or something never seen even in the fossil record!

To get the brain thinking, here is an image I found of a Black Dragonfish(be sure to notice how much she can open her mouth!) http://seavenger.info/wp-content/uploads...ure-21.jpg This is a known deep sea fish, now imagine a never-before-seen one even bigger and freakier!
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(11-12-2012, 06:44 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: To get the brain thinking, here is an image I found of a Black Dragonfish(be sure to notice how much she can open her mouth!) http://seavenger.info/wp-content/uploads...ure-21.jpg This is a known deep sea fish, now imagine a never-before-seen one even bigger and freakier!
And who would make that Confused ?

Maybe, when I finish The Otherworld, I can join into this...
But that will be a lot of time far.

Oh, and... you like a lot seas, don't you Wink?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Find
The Rock Worm Offline

(11-12-2012, 07:52 PM)The chaser Wrote:
(11-12-2012, 06:44 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: To get the brain thinking, here is an image I found of a Black Dragonfish(be sure to notice how much she can open her mouth!) http://seavenger.info/wp-content/uploads...ure-21.jpg This is a known deep sea fish, now imagine a never-before-seen one even bigger and freakier!
And who would make that Confused ?

Maybe, when I finish The Otherworld, I can join into this...
But that will be a lot of time far.

Oh, and... you like a lot seas, don't you Wink?
Right now I wouldn't need one, still doing The Dark Depths and thinking on how it should end (which would dictate how the other chapters would be).
11-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Find