Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Inventory Bug - objects dissapear
Ziggy Zagg Offline

Threads: 4
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Inventory Bug - objects dissapear

I haven't seen anyone else point this out, and it happened to me a few times, making me poop myself into thinking I was continuing the game without a vital tool (Saw).

How it is set up:
You have 2 objects in your top right corner of your inventory. 2 Across (horizontal).
If you drag the object on the far right-hand box in the corner onto the box beside it with something in it, and then drop it (let go off mouse button) that item will literally disappear.

It's either that, or you drag the object beside it onto the far right-hand box.

Might want to fix this, as it can pretty much destroy your game session, and make you load your game from before you accidentally destroyed the item. It kept me scared that I would need to load VERY far back in the game to get my saw back, and play through a heap of the game all over again.
03-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Inventory Bug - objects dissapear

Can you take a screenshot of how you are setting it up, or even better record a video of it? Using for example fraps.com

I can not recreate this problem when I try to do what you describe
03-17-2008, 03:01 PM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

This happened to me in Overture. This happened directly after sawing through the wooden planks.

This was of course dismissed as being an april fools joke. =[

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-17-2008, 09:42 PM
Find
Ziggy Zagg Offline

Threads: 4

Hmmm, I tried it again just then, and it didn't do it.

I only saw it happen with the saw, must not apply to the other items. All I get is the "I need to start thinking straight" and such messages.
03-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Find
bugmenot Offline

Threads: 21

It happened to me REALLY early on with the flares. I have to play through the entire game without flares because the alternative is to basically start the game over. Unfortunately, the flares are still there, just invisible and unclickable. My stock is constantly increasing, but I can't access them. (I'm about to have to try something desperate as I run into more and more spiders.)

I don't suppose anyone has found any sort of solution to this?
02-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Find