Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

2008-03 Monday 17th, Reviews and what not.
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
2008-03 Monday 17th, Reviews and what not.

Down here in the very south and sunny part of Sweden we have had a quite snow free winter, until today... For some reason a "blizzard" is roaming outside today and what could be better to do on a day such as this than to read a couple of reviews?

Jolt.co.uk

"Little touches like the ambient music and subtle film grain only add to the unsettling atmosphere, which is utilised via various plot devices almost as a weapon against your senses."
DarkZero.co.uk
"Give me a shotgun and a zombie horde, and I will quite happily empty shells for a number of unspecified hours, with little variation in game play or surroundings. But a funny thing happened while I was playing Penumbra Black, I forgot all about guns, I forgot all about my instinctive healthy urge to kill, and I started to enjoy being scared and even more shockingly, enjoyed thinking."
AdventureGamers.com
"If you’re in the market for a bite-sized chunk of the freshest horror adventure in years, play this game. It’s unusual, smart, and above all, entertaining, if you can embrace the unconventional approach."
GamePositive.com
"Distant noises immerse players into the game, while whispers and strange noises, along with music that is similarly creepy, works wonders to draw players in immediately."

In addition to the above mentioned reviews there has been a ton of international reviews in all languages imaginable as well as daily newspaper and TV coverage here in Sweden.

requiemHmm what else, oh yes, when poking around in the work folders we found this sort of sketch, it is supposedly a gnomes work of something soon to be. As always with gnomes they leave quite a mess, so at the moment we are a bit lost on what it was we were working on, it's a puzzle in itself to find the work logs of yesterday. When we get our act together we shall return with more precise information! -Sorry it's Monday evening and I really needed to fill out this part with some text.

03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Website Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
RE: 2008-03 Monday 17th, Reviews and what not.

The first picture: Appears to be part of the sewers
Second Picture: You can see the white-circular thing in the third picture above the weird oval thing
Third Picture: Weird white thing has come down, blocking the path. You can tell it's circular by the edges on each side.

The ceiling light + cable makes me think it's a more industrial area.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

wow! i wonder what those pictures are realated to new games from frictional games?
03-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

I demand knowing what those pictures are!

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
05-31-2008, 10:41 PM
Find