Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Old Friend.
xRaze Offline

Threads: 2
An Old Friend.

An old friend.

You get called by an old friend, named Andrew. Andrew owns an hotel somewhere in the woods and wanted to show you something. You decide to come over. But when you arrive, no one is there! Even Andrew is gone. You still spend a night, hoping he'd come back, but no such luck. The next day your stuff is gone and you start hearing noises. Maybe is Andrew behind all this. You decide to look for him in the old hotel.

Screens:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 21o9fs7.png]

Spoiler below!

[Image: vfjh35.png]

Spoiler below!

[Image: zsqngn.png]

Download link: Here
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2012, 10:30 PM by xRaze.)
11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
xRaze Offline

RE: An Old Friend.

(11-12-2012, 08:03 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Pictures, describe the story, maybe a video if you have one, features.. this just seems lazy to me.
I'm so sorry, this is my first custom story, I'll get right on it
11-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

The environment looks awful for this sort of thing(any sort of thing actually). You want it to take place in a hotel, in the woods. First off; In the hotel part(I'm going to assume there's some "Super-Secret underground thing") it should have very limited space, and look shitty as hell: No long corridors, or and shit like that. In the first picture alone, the room appears to be an empty box leading to a giant flipping corridor for Pete's sake! The second picture looks pretty bad too, with a similar problem; empty room, holding only the absolute necessary. All you need to do to make a believable environment is to think realistically; What should a room like this normally contain? How can I make it as immersive and real as possible?

Remember that this is not a place constructed to be frightening(well, because you're making it for a horror story, it technically is, but it shouldn't appear to be such). It has a particular purpose like everything else that's built. Apply realistic thinking and you'll be amazed where you can go.
11-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Find
xRaze Offline

(11-13-2012, 03:08 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: The environment looks awful for this sort of thing(any sort of thing actually). You want it to take place in a hotel, in the woods. First off; In the hotel part(I'm going to assume there's some "Super-Secret underground thing") it should have very limited space, and look shitty as hell: No long corridors, or and shit like that. In the first picture alone, the room appears to be an empty box leading to a giant flipping corridor for Pete's sake! The second picture looks pretty bad too, with a similar problem; empty room, holding only the absolute necessary. All you need to do to make a believable environment is to think realistically; What should a room like this normally contain? How can I make it as immersive and real as possible?

Remember that this is not a place constructed to be frightening(well, because you're making it for a horror story, it technically is, but it shouldn't appear to be such). It has a particular purpose like everything else that's built. Apply realistic thinking and you'll be amazed where you can go.
Thank you. Like i said, this is my first custom story. My second one will be much, much better
11-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

I think it wasnt so bad at all!
I rate it a 7-7½.
It is your first Custom story... so what!?
I enjoyed it..
Keep on working and try to check other people's scriptings.
Hint...>>>
DON'T STEAL or USE THOSE>. just check how things get used and works.
And also check other maps.. GOOD maps for details and particles and lights etc etc.
Good work here and keep on going!
11-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Find
xRaze Offline

(11-13-2012, 04:11 PM)dnalange Wrote: I think it wasnt so bad at all!
I rate it a 7-7½.
It is your first Custom story... so what!?
I enjoyed it..
Keep on working and try to check other people's scriptings.
Hint...>>>
DON'T STEAL or USE THOSE>. just check how things get used and works.
And also check other maps.. GOOD maps for details and particles and lights etc etc.
Good work here and keep on going!

thank you man. I'll keep practicing Smile
11-13-2012, 05:24 PM
Find