Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Riddles, brain puzzles and mathematical problems
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Riddles, brain puzzles and mathematical problems

@Romulator

You got it!

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

04-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

A wealthy art collector had planned an air trip abroad for a major auction. The morning of the same day but a few hours before departure, the night watchman calls him and tells him that last night he had seen a very bad dream: The flight will fall and all the passengers would die. The collector tried to calm him down, but he insisted that the dream seemed very real, and finally persuaded him to cancel his flight. And indeed a few hours later that flight crashed with tragic consequences for all occupants. The collector immediately calls the watchman and thanks him for saving his life, but announces that unfortunately he has to fire him! Why?

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

05-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

(05-09-2014, 12:25 AM)BAndrew Wrote: A wealthy art collector had planned an air trip abroad for a major auction. The morning of the same day but a few hours before departure, the night watchman calls him and tells him that last night he had seen a very bad dream: The flight will fall and all the passengers would die. The collector tried to calm him down, but he insisted that the dream seemed very real, and finally persuaded him to cancel his flight. And indeed a few hours later that flight crashed with tragic consequences for all occupants. The collector immediately calls the watchman and thanks him for saving his life, but announces that unfortunately he has to fire him! Why?

He could have been the perpetrator behind the accident.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
05-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

@Macgyverthehero

Nope. You are not even close. Even if that was true the collector had no proof so he couldn't fire him.

HINT: The answer is really obvious.

05-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

The night watchman was sleeping last night? That means he wasn't doing his job right?

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
05-09-2014, 12:47 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(05-09-2014, 12:47 AM)eliasfrost Wrote: The night watchman was sleeping last night? That means he wasn't doing his job right?

Yeah That's it!

05-09-2014, 12:49 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Peter goes to Japan for business and needs to stay in a hotel for a week (7 days). He eventually finds one and decides to stay there. After a while trouble begins! The inn keeper doesn't accept dollars $ as payment. However he notices that Peter has a nice expensive golden chain with 7 links. He tells Peter that he can stay in the hotel if he gives him the chain instead for money (1 link per night). However there is a problem. The inn keeper demands to be paid every night. Peter can't give the full chain at the end of the week or pay in advance for other days. One night in the hotel costs exactly 1 link from Peter's chain. The inn keeper also wants Peter to cut/remove only one link from the chain to minimize damage. Peter thinks for a while and figures it out! How is he going to pay?

08-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Find
CarnivorousJelly Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 41

Spoiler below!

If he pays at night, he only has to pay for 6 nights I think:
Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
As long as he leaves some time on Saturday, he's fine

[Image: quote_by_rueppells_fox-d9ciupp.png]
08-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Find
BAndrew Offline

(08-24-2014, 08:05 AM)CarnivorousJelly Wrote:
Spoiler below!

If he pays at night, he only has to pay for 6 nights I think:
Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
As long as he leaves some time on Saturday, he's fine

No. I meant he has to stay 7 full days (nights included) in the hotel , sorry for not making that clear. The problem is how is he going to pay? For example, if he cuts the first link of the chain then he has two parts of the chain. One part has 1 link and the other part has 6 links. The first night he can pay with the first link. But afterwards he can't pay for the other nights because he can't pay in advance and he can't make another cut.

(This post was last modified: 08-24-2014, 11:01 AM by BAndrew.)
08-24-2014, 10:59 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Hold on I'm confused.

[Image: chain-link-fence-texture-tile-5.jpg]

Is the chain link:
A) the cells (the horizontal one and the vertical part.)
B) the link between the cells (the horizontal one connecting the 2 vertical parts)

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
08-24-2014, 11:15 AM
Find