Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[OVERTURE] Weird brightness effect given by turning on flashlight/glowstick
Toshi0 Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago [OVERTURE] Weird brightness effect given by turning on flashlight/glowstick

I just bought this game, and I recently installed the 1.1 patch, because of the missing textures. After I installed it, though, when I had turned on my flashlight, the area around me got bright. Really bright. In fact, after I turned it on, every object was white. I could barely see the textures, but I could still see where I was in-game. Same effect with the glowstick, but a greener effect. What can I do to fix this?

EDIT: Also, when I crouch to hide, it gives off the same effect but it's blue.
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 04:48 AM by Toshi0.)
11-16-2012, 04:46 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [OVERTURE] Weird brightness effect given by turning on flashlight/glowstick

Turn off/lower all settings in the graphics options and then in steps increase them to pinpoint which might cause it and then run the game without using that particular setting. I think it might be bloom or motion blur or possible to lower the shader quality one step that can fix it.
11-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [OVERTURE] Weird brightness effect given by turning on flashlight/glowstick

Do as Jens said and also try updating your graphics card drivers, it might help
11-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Find
Toshi0 Offline

Threads: 3

Ah, thanks for the help. I'll enjoy shitting my pants!
11-16-2012, 11:04 PM
Find