Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Support Policy
headkase Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Support Policy

Hello,
I've purchased Penumbra: Overture and am finding it to be quite an enjoyable game. There are some issues that I'm hoping to get a response from you however. I own an Ati HD2600XT and am running Windows Vista. Out of the box as you are aware Overture simply does not work with this configuration. The 1.0.2 patch solves the complete failures but still does not correctly render the games scenes. Most noticibly the glow stick flickers and its diffuse light is incorrect. I buy games for support, not some warm fuzzy feeling that I'm supporting the developers or anything. I give you my money and I wish for in turn a fully - or eventually patched - working product. This is the only trade I am willing to make. Now, I know for a fact that version 1.0.3 corrects these rendering errors on my machines configuration. It is completely contained within the current installer to enable purchasers of the retail version to receive what we paid you our hard earned money for. I have not purchased Black Plague yet but I do intend to get it based on the gameplay so far in Overture. The only thing that remains to be seen is what I observe of your actions regarding support. No game is any good if it doesn't work so my feelings on the subject is that if support is artificially held back then I am not willing to trade my money for a broken product. I wish you well but unless I see or hear concrete reassurances that I will not be left out in the cold again then at the very least I will be buying Black Plague second hand - so unfortunately that would mean you would not receive compensation for that lost unit. But on the other hand with fair support for the money I trade for products I will happily purchase Black Plague retail with that unit now actually counting on your records. So, even if you don't reply your actions will determine mine.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2008, 02:30 PM by dlevey.)
03-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Support Policy

From what I understand, ATI cards don't with with openGI too well. The devs have continuously tried fixing the problems with ATI cards, so give them credit.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Find
headkase Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Support Policy

Yeah, it is very difficult to support the literally millions of configurations that exist out there. What is important is that Frictional devs have corresponded with me addressing my concerns and this is *exactly* why I purchase games. I came down a bit hard I guess, I didn't mean too. I'm going to go purchase Black Plague tomorrow at my local EB Games and I believe it will be money well spent.

Thank you Frictional.
03-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Find