Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Stories?
catbelly36 Offline

Threads: 2
Custom Stories?

Hi everyone. I just started playing Amnesia recently and was wondering---what is a custom story?
Thanks!
Tracy
11-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Find
Chap Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Custom Stories?

It's just a mod essentially, typically using all the assets (Models, textures, sounds etc) already in Amnesia to make another story. But there are some which are full conversions which are basically a complete mod of amnesia with new interfaces, menu screens, images, assets etc.

[Image: 20643.png]
11-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(11-17-2012, 03:28 PM)catbelly36 Wrote: Hi everyone. I just started playing Amnesia recently and was wondering---what is a custom story?
Thanks!
Tracy
Simply:
A Custom Story is sort of "FAN-MADE Levels" build by people like you and me..
So there is a LEVELEDITOR that allows people to build their own maps { Custom Story }
with all the items\walls\floors\ EVERYTHING from the original game.
Build you own amnesia game how YOU want it to be.
Hoped it helped..
11-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Find
catbelly36 Offline

Threads: 2

Ah! Sounds really cool! Thanks you guys!
I've just barely begun the first game and now I'm thinking of "mods". Hmmmm....I think I feel an addiction in the making. LOL
Tracy
11-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(11-17-2012, 03:45 PM)dnalange Wrote:
(11-17-2012, 03:28 PM)catbelly36 Wrote: Hi everyone. I just started playing Amnesia recently and was wondering---what is a custom story?
Thanks!
Tracy
Simply:
A Custom Story is sort of "FAN-MADE Levels" build by people like you and me..
So there is a LEVELEDITOR that allows people to build their own maps { Custom Story }
with all the items\walls\floors\ EVERYTHING from the original game.
Build you own amnesia game how YOU want it to be.
Hoped it helped..
There isn't just a level editor. There are particular exes that make you import or create your own assets and make it loadable for the game.

listen to boards of canada
11-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Website Find
Earthykiller127 Offline

Threads: 10

unlike total conversion, these are just hand made map made with the editor for amnesia.
basically its player home-made stuff. which make you get 200% more time to play it without getting bored or running out of fun.

I'll make it short
I am
Spoiler below!
Black ☆ Rock Shooter
11-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Website Find
AveryLuna Offline

Threads: 1

As you know Custom Stories are fan made maps, it uses the same map creator the people who made Amnesia used, you'd need to place everything in your Amnesia folder so it can use everything that the game holds, alot of people utilize other various methods to scare the crap out of you such as teleporting naked guys, suitors from Justine, along with the servants. I'm figuring it out, asking for help and such as it's REALLY complex to get into big detail, so far no one's replied to it though, hopefully I'll get my first story out once I know what I need though!
12-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Find