Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia runs with low FPS no matter what I do
LaggNinja Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Amnesia runs with low FPS no matter what I do

I have checked troubleshouting guide and I have done everything it says there to improve FPS however I still run low FPS.

Now I can endure it when playing normal as I get roughly 20 FPS, I get killed all the damn time because the movement of screen is slow and I can't control doors and such properly because of that but it's manageable

Problem is I want to record it and when I do I fall at a max of 16 FPS which as you can guess is virtually impossible to play on and much problematic when trying to record.

I was wondering if there was a mod or file or something I could use to improve the framerate sort of like Chris's config for TF2. Can anyone help?

System Specs: (Note I'm not computer savvy so all this is pure gibberish to me)

Operating System: Windows 7 home edition (64bit)
Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor
Ram: 4GB

If you need more info tell me where to get it. thanks
11-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Amnesia runs with low FPS no matter what I do

Your specs aren't all that great, so that might explain why Amnesia is running a bit slow. AMD dual cores are also not the best if you're planning on recording video games.

I'd recommend that you lower Amnesia's graphic settings until you get a better framerate.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Find
LaggNinja Offline

(11-17-2012, 06:45 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Your specs aren't all that great, so that might explain why Amnesia is running a bit slow. AMD dual cores are also not the best if you're planning on recording video games.

I'd recommend that you lower Amnesia's graphic settings until you get a better framerate.
As I said in the original post, I have amnesia's graphic settings as low as I can get them and it doesn't help. Which is why I am asking for other means such as mods or plugins or whatever else can lower them further. Also I'm well aware my specs are c*** however I can't afford a new PC for a long time and I can record several other games despite that.
11-17-2012, 10:04 PM
Find
Argoon Offline

Threads: 5

Are you using fraps to record the video? If so you can record at half the resolution you are playing and if that option is not available to you (i don't know if the free version has this option) then play at half the resolution you normally play, if even this doesn't help then record with no sound also, yes recording with no sound is a pita, but fortunately you can record the audio separately by capturing (with a sound recorder) the output directly from the headphones port and them using your video editing tool to bring the audio and the video together.
11-18-2012, 12:54 AM
Find
LaggNinja Offline

(11-18-2012, 12:54 AM)Argoon Wrote: Are you using fraps to record the video? If so you can record at half the resolution you are playing and if that option is not available to you (i don't know if the free version has this option) then play at half the resolution you normally play, if even this doesn't help then record with no sound also, yes recording with no sound is a pita, but fortunately you can record the audio separately by capturing (with a sound recorder) the output directly from the headphones port and them using your video editing tool to bring the audio and the video together.
I have tried both Fraps and Camtasia recorder the most stable being fraps, I already record at half size but I guess making the game smaller could help. Didn't think of that. I'll try that later but I'd still love more suggestions. Thanks for helping Smile
11-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Find
TheBlastPassage Offline

Threads: 18

What resolution do you play at?

11-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Website Find