Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Catastrophe - can't remove particles attached to flickering light
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3
Bug  Level Editor Catastrophe - can't remove particles attached to flickering light

Today, I decided to play around with the flickering feature in lights which I had spotted the day before. Pondering on the possible uses of this feature, I jumped into the Level Editor and created a point light.

So begins the punishment for my curiosity.

As I assigned the particles to the light's on and off states, I couldn't help but notice that they weren't actually affected by the flickering of the light, but were instead spawning continuously and without delay. Displeased with this result, I decided to remove the particle effect, only to find that it was not as easy as it seemed. Over the next few helpless minutes I observed the particles relentlessly grow in multitude:

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww97/...trophe.png

There is nothing I can do to remove the particles. Clearing the particle fields, disabling the flickering, deleting the point light does not affect them. Replacing the assigned particle systems with different ones only adds more particles to the mix. I do not have a clean save. My computer is lagging, memory warnings have begun to come up on my screen and I can no longer

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
11-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Level Editor Catastrophe - can't remove particles attached to flickering light

(11-19-2012, 03:32 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: My computer is lagging, memory warnings have begun to come up on my screen and I can no longer

... system was shutdown to prevent damage to the system.

Joking aside, have you tried removing the particle system, saving and then restarting the level editor? A program's memory tends to be released upon exit. It doesn't sound like you tried exiting the level editor at any time.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Website Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Level Editor Catastrophe - can't remove particles attached to flickering light

I did try to exit and restart many times, the particle system is still there... quite surprising!

EDIT: I just fixed it. Restarting the computer did the trick. Strange that I didn't think of that before.

^(;,;)^
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012, 08:41 PM by MyRedNeptune.)
11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
Find