Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Editor Crashing?
PumpMaster Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago Level Editor Crashing?

Hello everyone!

I have Amnesia for Windows (I purchased it from Steam), and I originally could not get the editor to run very well. I fixed this completely by downloading new graphics drivers, but now, I am encountering an entirely different problem. The Level Editor application crashes every time I open it!

Blackbox lists this crash as occurring because:

"LevelEditor.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module <UNKNOWN> at 0023:00000000"

I'm absolutely perplexed. I have re-installed the game, deleted the editor from my computer completely and re-downloaded it from the Frictional Games wiki site, and basically tried everything under the sun that one might imagine would fix it. This problem is most strange because the editor was working fine for quite a while before this started happening...

Anyone have any advice for me? I'm currently working on a custom story with my friend and would hate to have to discontinue it on a simply technical basis. I'm out of ideas and have nowhere to turn, so any help would be immensely appreciated.

Thanks!
11-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Weeks ago RE: Level Editor Crashing?

This happens due to bad drivers for Intel HD or AMD cards. Try older drivers.
11-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Find