Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large foggy areas
LulleBulle Offline

Threads: 33
Large foggy areas

Hi,

I'm trying to create an outdoor environment and since I don't have a skybox I'd like to cover some parts up with fog but the fog I tried (ps_area_fog.ps) is too small to be used since you'd need a 100 of those. Is there any other way of putting fog?
11-26-2012, 11:20 PM
Find
LulleBulle Offline

Threads: 33
RE: Large foggy areas

(11-26-2012, 11:23 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Use fog areas or go into the level settings and add it there. It should be on the taskbar.
Do you know any good setting for the fog in the level settings? I tried it but it makes it all white.
11-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

You have to mess with various colors, size and length..

Trying is the first step to success.
11-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

You should be able to change the color of the fog in level setting by clicking on the white box.

The other attributes: Start determines how close to the player the fog starts, and End determines the limit of how far they can see in the fog. FalloffExp controls how opaque the fog is; the lower the number, the harder it is to see through the fog.

11-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I worked once in the Unreal engine. You will surely think this is pointless, but it isn't:

When you made a level where you could see the "deep" or the "blackness" (actually the space where the grid is) the engine turned mad and began to make extra tris and finally crashed. I remember that something similar happened to me once, so you could make a coloured skybox, for your maps sake.

Maybe it works perfectly for you, but maybe other computers don't do what your computer does Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-27-2012, 09:17 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

(11-27-2012, 06:57 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(11-27-2012, 09:17 AM)The chaser Wrote: I worked once in the Unreal engine. You will surely think this is pointless, but it isn't:

When you made a level where you could see the "deep" or the "blackness" (actually the space where the grid is) the engine turned mad and began to make extra tris and finally crashed. I remember that something similar happened to me once, so you could make a coloured skybox, for your maps sake.

Maybe it works perfectly for you, but maybe other computers don't do what your computer does Wink
Different engines, and it works fine on every bodies copy I know. Have you tried it with HPL2 or just basing this off unreal?
I meant Amnesia too, it happened me once. Just once, really.

It seems that Jens is looking at this thread Smile

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
11-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Find