Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hand Model Help
Obscenity Engine Offline

Threads: 1
Question  Hand Model Help

I've been trying to find a way to make the lantern and Daniel's hand invisible for something I am working on, but I haven't been able to find a way to make it happen. I've considered shrinking the hand in the model editor, but I can't figure out how to use it. I also got Maya 2011 but it doesn't support the files the hand uses. Also, I want the light from the lantern to still function properly. Could someone show me how to do it, if it's even possible?
12-01-2012, 05:55 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
RE: Hand Model Help

Add an alpha which is purely black to both the hands and lantern.
Alpha:
A grayscale image in .tga format.

Add that using the materialeditor, by opening up your lantern texture/hand texture (make sure to create backups!).

For optimization - create new lantern/hand placeholders with low polycounts - perhaps two planes`?

Good luck :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2012, 06:18 AM by Acies.)
12-01-2012, 06:17 AM
Find
Obscenity Engine Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Hand Model Help

(12-01-2012, 06:17 AM)Acies Wrote: Add an alpha which is purely black to both the hands and lantern.
Alpha:
A grayscale image in .tga format.

Add that using the materialeditor, by opening up your lantern texture/hand texture (make sure to create backups!).

For optimization - create new lantern/hand placeholders with low polycounts - perhaps two planes`?

Good luck :]
Thanks!
12-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Find