Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Digressiophobia - What about Mark? - Chapter 2
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Digressiophobia - What about Mark? - Chapter 2

I will try Smile Right now i'm a little off CS's, since i got tired... Then is startet writing a longer story, and i really want to finish that first... Though you WILL see more from me Wink

Thanks for playing

Trying is the first step to success.
12-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

I'm stuuuuck Tongue
Spoiler below!
After I played the piano, the bookcase moved to open a crawl space, but I can't go in there 'without a light'. I can't find a light anywhere, though I did hear something fall when I heard the bookcase move..

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
12-12-2012, 12:34 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

What, uh... what do I do with the stone hammer?

Spoiler below!
Also, that piano puzzle was absolutely brilliant. I had a lot of fun with that. Also, the part directly afterwards where you made tinderboxes actually useful and sent us on a scavenger hunt to find something we previously took for granted. Amazing.

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Find
Posting Freak

(12-12-2012, 12:34 AM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: I'm stuuuuck Tongue
Spoiler below!
After I played the piano, the bookcase moved to open a crawl space, but I can't go in there 'without a light'. I can't find a light anywhere, though I did hear something fall when I heard the bookcase move..
Your answer is in the post below you

12-12-2012, 10:21 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

I figured out the stone hammer part- I hadn't noticed a book that allowed me to switch back to the other character. I ended up finishing it:
Spoiler below!
Overall, that was a very pleasant experience, and it had a compelling issue with a genuinely interesting and well-thought-out gimmick (character switching to solve puzzles). The mapping was excellent, and noticeably improved in the second chapter, as well as scripting. The pacing was great, with puzzle solving and monster fleeing having just the right amount of space in between. My only gripe would have to be the campy feeling the dialogue has- while impressive that you did so much (especially that conversation you have with the old man), the actual dialogue itself felt really forced and unrealistic, pulling me back out of the otherwise immersive experience. If you could have the scripts go through another draft before recording lines next time, as well as put yourself in the boots of the characters, then I think that would greatly improve your next project. As it is, though, this is one of my top 10 Amnesia custom stories (made even better by the fact that you didn't make it a full conversion!). Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-12-2012, 10:55 AM
Find
Posting Freak

(12-12-2012, 10:55 AM)Streetboat Wrote: I figured out the stone hammer part- I hadn't noticed a book that allowed me to switch back to the other character. I ended up finishing it:
Spoiler below!
Overall, that was a very pleasant experience, and it had a compelling issue with a genuinely interesting and well-thought-out gimmick (character switching to solve puzzles). The mapping was excellent, and noticeably improved in the second chapter, as well as scripting. The pacing was great, with puzzle solving and monster fleeing having just the right amount of space in between. My only gripe would have to be the campy feeling the dialogue has- while impressive that you did so much (especially that conversation you have with the old man), the actual dialogue itself felt really forced and unrealistic, pulling me back out of the otherwise immersive experience. If you could have the scripts go through another draft before recording lines next time, as well as put yourself in the boots of the characters, then I think that would greatly improve your next project. As it is, though, this is one of my top 10 Amnesia custom stories (made even better by the fact that you didn't make it a full conversion!). Smile
Spoiler below!

Thank you very much.
yes, the conversations are a little strange i know... It's hard to voice act Tongue
But thanks for the response! I'm glad you like it Wink

12-12-2012, 11:33 AM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

I finished it D:

Wow, it's really good!
I don't know if I've ever seen this much effort put into a custom story (series), and I've played well over 80! Every time I thought I'd be facing the end screen, a new level popped up!
The puzzles are perfect for a gamer who's used to looking around and thinking Tongue
Maybe it's a little too dark, but that's about the only bad thing I can say..
The voice acting isn't great, but considering it's all you, you did a pretty good job Smile
(I've decided not to add spoiler tags, because it doesn't really spoil anything, does it?)

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM by Tommyboypsp.)
12-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Find
Posting Freak

(12-13-2012, 10:11 AM)Tommyboypsp Wrote: I finished it D:

Wow, it's really good!
I don't know if I've ever seen this much effort put into a custom story (series), and I've played well over 80! Every time I thought I'd be facing the end screen, a new level popped up!
The puzzles are perfect for a gamer who's used to looking around and thinking Tongue
Maybe it's a little too dark, but that's about the only bad thing I can say..
The voice acting isn't great, but considering it's all you, you did a pretty good job Smile
(I've decided not to add spoiler tags, because it doesn't really spoil anything, does it?)
Thank you Smile I'm glad you like it.
Hope to see you around in any of my other stories

12-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Find