Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Diary
assassinhawk45 Offline

Threads: 11
Question  Diary

I have been having trouble with making diaries and notes. Can someone help. The file is below.

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">
Description
</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_hammer">A sledge Hammer. MAybe I could use this to break the lock</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_hammer">Sledge Hammer</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_necronote1_Name">Welcome</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_necronote1_Text">Welcome to my lair. You must be wondering why I've brought you here. Let me put your questions to rest. You are here to die. This might sound frightening , but you will be more! You will become my most powerful servant. You can die peacefully, or you can try to escape. Your efforts will be futile. You will become insane like everyone else. Many others have tried. Now they are piled up in the dungeon you exited. If you do try to escape though, I thought I might make it a challenge for my servants. Take what you want from this room. -Your Captor.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

The Necromancer's Touch: WIP Coming March 2013
12-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Diary

What exactly is the problem you're having? From what I can see, your .lang file looks fine to me. Make sure that the name of the note in the level editor is the same as the one in your .lang file.

In Ruins [WIP]
12-04-2012, 03:58 AM
Find
Saitoshiba Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Diary

I couldn't find any problem either but if you want to make a diary you have to replace:

<Entry Name="Note_necronote1_Name"></Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_necronote1_Text"></Entry>

to:

<Entry Name="Diary_necronote1_Name1">Welcome</Entry>
<Entry Name="Diary_necronote1_Text1"></Entry>

and make sure to add in the text1 entry

<Entry Name="Diary_necronote1_Text1">[voice NameVoiceFile.ogg] Text that you want to be shown in the game</Entry>

Diary must be an ogg file, and recorded or it won't work in the game. Make sure to name the entity in the game the same as is in the lang file. Plus, make sure the entity is a diary_paper1, or it won't work.
The file must be in your folder custom_stories/NameOfTheGame/sounds/
12-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Find