Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A real life horror video.
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: A real life horror video.

(12-09-2012, 02:17 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Lol, the video is about 7 minutes long and the girl is just a part of 5 seconds.
The goal of the video never was to show the girl or to make the video scary because of it.
Don't you understand simple things like that?

The location in this video is true creepy, even the sounds.
And you talk about girls... oh man!
At the other side, girls could be scary you need to play Yu-On.
Walking around is not scary. Don't you understand simple things like that? I'm not afraid of the dark and I'm not afraid of obviously fake ambient noises. And how can you link me an article that talks about some girl, in relation to the video which shows a girl, and then tell me the girl has nothing to do with the video? Was she put in there accidentally? She is clearly the payoff, for the negligible amount of tension that was built up. She is the ultimate result of everything that was "accomplished" in the video…

I'm sorry, maybe if it weren't so poorly shot and there was an actual premise with actual tension build-up maybe I would have enjoyed it. As it stands, it's just some guy walking around in an abandoned building with a flashlight with really fake ambient noises.
12-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

Walking around is not scary? You are OK, Bridge?
12-09-2012, 06:02 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-09-2012, 06:02 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Walking around is not scary? You are OK, Bridge?
Walking around in total darkness is a normal thing for me. I live in Iceland dude; In the winters it's dark pretty much 20 hours a day… There may be street lights here and there but on most of my postal routes I have to walk through areas that are almost completely dark. Besides, I'm not afraid of "abandoned buildings" because I don't believe in spirits or anything supernatural.

EDIT: Besides, why do you think in Amnesia and Penumbra you are constantly terrified to take another step? Personally, it's not because there is nothing there in the darkness. I am afraid of the dangers that lurk therein. The only thing the darkness serves to do is create an unsettling atmosphere that sets up the scares; open areas in broad daylight are also capable of being extremely scary under the right circumstances.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012, 06:16 PM by Bridge.)
12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

(12-09-2012, 06:02 PM)Googolplex Wrote: Walking around is not scary? You are OK, Bridge?
Googol...stop being butthurt because no one else thought this was any good, seriously
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012, 10:33 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74

I'll be locking this thread, I get a feeling this is going to turn out as one of the standard rage wars between the forum and Googol.

Those who want to enjoy video may, those who don't.. well. Yup.
12-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Find