Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Steam Rant
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100
RE: Steam Rant

What I've noticed lately (which also annoys me as a old-school gamer) is, that most newly released PC games force you to use Steam.
If you go to any gaming store and see a new PC game on the shelf, turn it around and look in the bottom of the package, it says that you must agree with the SSA and bla bla bla, what this means, is that when you buy the game, you basically can't resell it. Well, you can, but no one will buy it because they can't play it since it's already activated on your account. This makes me support consoles more and more since the only problem there are the online passes, not the whole game.

No idea about 11-year old kids. Haven't really met many...

(This post was last modified: 12-12-2012, 11:38 PM by Yuhaney.)
12-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I don't see or hear many kids on PC, but I heard it substantially on xbox live. Most kids don't want to deal with the technology behind understanding computers and neither do most parents, so they just get an xbox and call it a day.
12-12-2012, 11:56 PM
Find
Oscar House Offline

Threads: 3

I have no idea where people keep finding these bratty kids but they've always been few and far between for me.

To address Zaffre's rant:
Each and every online community has bad eggs. Anonymity breeds irresponsibility, that's just the way it is.

1) They already filter them, just that it's only done after the image/video gets reported by players. Filtering all the smut out before it gets submitted would involve a massive team as there's about 3 million users online at any given time. Not viable.

2) Oh god, not the age restriction system. It has never worked. Emails can be faked and pictures can easily be found online. It's the parents' responsibility to keep kids away from games they shouldn't play.

Sidenote: if you're a kid who doesn't want to get flak for being a kid in online games, try that anonymity thing and don't use a fricking mic. Works for me.

[Image: 2exldzm.png]
12-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Find
Juby Away

Threads: 2

black fills up every knot

Insanity. Static.
(This post was last modified: 07-28-2013, 12:35 PM by Juby.)
12-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Find