Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Admit One

Oh, I also tend to find people complaining about something being annoying waaaay more annoying than the thing that they're complaining about 90% of the time.

Posting Freak
12-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(12-18-2012, 07:07 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 05:20 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I am too oversensitive.
And I'm incredibly undersensitive, and some may call me too apathetic.
I have plenty of fun displaying it too.
That shooting of the kids? Didn't care. It's a shame, but shit happens.
People getting murdered, dying of starvation, living in poverty. Don't care. I don't know these people, so I honestly don't give a damn.

Even when my grandfather died. I didn't grieve.
I accept death as a part of life. It happens, sometimes sooner than it needs to.

I'd consider myself anti-thiest.

I'd consider myself anti-feminist.

I hate stupidity.

I show no sympathy for those who take their own lives. Or who cut themselves.

I believe that the media is bullshit. They just hop onto social bandwagons. Anybody remember Kony, and the big deal made about him? How about Amanda Todd? You don't hear these things anymore because, as much as the faux humanists don't want to admit, they truly don't care about these issues. They just say they do so they don't come across as an apathetic jerk. They want to feel as though they're socially aware by liking the facebook page. But I see right through it.

So yeah. TL;DR, Obliviator is an asshole in most people's eyes.
Why anti-feminist though?

[Image: p229xcq]
12-19-2012, 02:16 AM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(12-19-2012, 02:16 AM)Chronofox Wrote: Why anti-feminist though?
feminist = feminazis = lol

I rate it 3 memes.
12-19-2012, 02:36 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(12-18-2012, 08:35 PM)the dark side Wrote: Odd one about me,. Strangers scare the living crap out of me! yeah, me, a person who doesnt even get a raised pulse from a frictional product, but, put me in a room with a stranger and.. well, i could happilly dig through the wall with my hands rather than stay in there with them! i hate it!, they might start talking about something i dont understand. its a totally irrational fear ive got.
It's a completely rational fear. I once was in a room with a stranger, and I ended up killing that person.

I found the school shootings amusing.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 03:45 AM by failedALIAS.)
12-19-2012, 03:43 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Anti-feminist because feminists are psycho, man.
A feminist once pitched the idea of mass genocide of men, and many other feminists supported her.
A woman tied up a man and used him as a sex slave for three days. She was praised for raping him.
A woman chopped off a man's penis and threw it into the garbage because he wanted a divorce. And she got away with it, and was praised by feminists.

I can't take anything a feminist says seriously.
And if you're a male feminist, it's a bit self-destructive in my eyes. Why would you want to subvert your own gender? Why would you want women to be better off than men in more ways than they already are? Either you're one of the crazies, or you were indoctrinated as a child.

Anti-feminist doesn't mean misogynist. I don't hate women, or desire women to subvert themselves to men. I am just against the wackos, y'know?

@FailedAlias
I'm glad I'm not alone. Perhaps the shooting itself is tragic, but all of the debate sparked by it is quite amusing. And it's never too soon to make a joke about it.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 06:18 AM by Obliviator27.)
12-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(12-19-2012, 06:17 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
Anti-feminist because feminists are psycho, man.
A feminist once pitched the idea of mass genocide of men, and many other feminists supported her.
A woman tied up a man and used him as a sex slave for three days. She was praised for raping him.
A woman chopped off a man's penis and threw it into the garbage because he wanted a divorce. And she got away with it, and was praised by feminists.

I can't take anything a feminist says seriously.
And if you're a male feminist, it's a bit self-destructive in my eyes. Why would you want to subvert your own gender? Why would you want women to be better off than men in more ways than they already are? Either you're one of the crazies, or you were indoctrinated as a child.

Anti-feminist doesn't mean misogynist. I don't hate women, or desire women to subvert themselves to men. I am just against the wackos, y'know?
The last part is understandable. Still, I'd argue that you're making a hasty generalization fallacy. The most extreme proponents of an ideology are always the most vocal ones, and inductive reasoning is problematic when you're trying to base a whole group of people on the actions of a sample. All my feminist friends IRL are outspokenly against the examples you've listed in your post. I remember reading a blog once, probably a troll post, of some feminist demanding for the castration and torture of all men, and every one of my feminist friends said that the poster was asinine. All the feminists that I know of are quite moderate, and while I obviously can't generalize this to every person behind the movement, I do know of several countries in the world where feminism is quite strong - for example, Sweden or Iceland - and it's not like the men there complain of being oppressed.

You are also argued that male feminism is self-destructive, and that believing otherwise means that I've been indoctrinated. This is fallacious reasoning. With the exception of the crazies, feminism only demands for the equal rights of men and women - and if you think that believing in equal rights is indoctrination, then pretty much a sizeable portion of the world is completely indoctrinated. The reason why the movement may appear outspoken is because females are still extremely oppressed in many parts of the world. There's an insane amount of prostitution and sex trafficking going on in poorer countries, such as some in the middle east or southeast Asia.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 06:51 AM by Froge.)
12-19-2012, 06:51 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I just wonder what would happen if men were prostituted and trafficked... Would anyone give a shit?
12-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(12-19-2012, 06:51 AM)Chronofox Wrote: The last part is understandable. Still, I'd argue that you're making a hasty generalization fallacy. The most extreme proponents of an ideology are always the most vocal ones, and inductive reasoning is problematic when you're trying to base a whole group of people on the actions of a sample. All my feminist friends IRL are outspokenly against the examples you've listed in your post. I remember reading a blog once, probably a troll post, of some feminist demanding for the castration and torture of all men, and every one of my feminist friends said that the poster was asinine. All the feminists that I know of are quite moderate, and while I obviously can't generalize this to every person behind the movement, I do know of several countries in the world where feminism is quite strong - for example, Sweden or Iceland - and it's not like the men there complain of being oppressed.

You are also argued that male feminism is self-destructive, and that believing otherwise means that I've been indoctrinated. This is fallacious reasoning. With the exception of the crazies, feminism only demands for the equal rights of men and women - and if you think that believing in equal rights is indoctrination, then pretty much a sizeable portion of the world is completely indoctrinated. The reason why the movement may appear outspoken is because females are still extremely oppressed in many parts of the world. There's an insane amount of prostitution and sex trafficking going on in poorer countries, such as some in the middle east or southeast Asia.
I believe this is where we have a conflict of terminology.
What you call a feminist is what I call an equalist. They strive for the equality of women without demonizing or controlling males.

Perhaps my points are made mudded. I believe this video sums up my feelings on the matter quite nicely, and explains it much better than I ever could.

12-19-2012, 07:15 AM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

Feminazis do not represent the majority of rational feminists. Real feminists want equality, not oppression of men. The same way Al Qaida does not represent the majority of Muslims and the Westboro Church does not represent the majority of Christians.

Chrono is totally write in labeling it a generalization fallacy.

12-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(12-18-2012, 07:07 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 05:20 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: I am too oversensitive.
And I'm incredibly undersensitive, and some may call me too apathetic.
I have plenty of fun displaying it too.
That shooting of the kids? Didn't care. It's a shame, but shit happens.
People getting murdered, dying of starvation, living in poverty. Don't care. I don't know these people, so I honestly don't give a damn.

Even when my grandfather died. I didn't grieve.
I accept death as a part of life. It happens, sometimes sooner than it needs to.

I'd consider myself anti-thiest.

I'd consider myself anti-feminist.

I hate stupidity.

I show no sympathy for those who take their own lives. Or who cut themselves.

I believe that the media is bullshit. They just hop onto social bandwagons. Anybody remember Kony, and the big deal made about him? How about Amanda Todd? You don't hear these things anymore because, as much as the faux humanists don't want to admit, they truly don't care about these issues. They just say they do so they don't come across as an apathetic jerk. They want to feel as though they're socially aware by liking the facebook page. But I see right through it.

So yeah. TL;DR, Obliviator is an asshole in most people's eyes.

A.. are you me? Your thoughts are almost exact same as mine.
12-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Find