Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

In Verbis Virtus - Cool Concept (?)
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60
In Verbis Virtus - Cool Concept (?)

This is a game I stumbled upon on moddb a while ago. Figured I'd recommend it here and get your reactions to it.

The game is developed in UDK by a small indie company. By using your microphone to say the "names/incantations" of spells you solve puzzles, traverse the environment or attack monsters (?).

The trailer for it can be found here:

The nice main soundtrack:

So, try out the demo if this seems interesting to you!

Moddb link here (for demo):
http://www.moddb.com/games/in-verbis-virtus/downloads

I thought the concept was great and if they manage to pull this together during development this will definately be a game I'll be on the lookout for!

So, err - tell me what you think about it :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-19-2012, 05:35 AM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: In Verbis Virtus - Cool Concept (?)

Ah yes, i tried that few weeks ago! It was really fun and I must say, I was surprised how well the voice commands worked. Even with my horrible accent and crappy headset microphone, I never once had a command fail.

However, I hope they work more on the level design. Not the visual design, mind you, in terms of aesthetics the game looks just wonderful. But in terms of player guidance and visual clarity they still have some work to do, imo, as they often seemed to forget readability in favour of focussing purely on the aesthetics.

I got stuck several times, not because the game was difficult, but because interactive items were either placed out of my focus/ field of vision or just blended into the background too much. And watching a few Let's Plays I noticed that a lot of players got stuck at exactly the same locations. (seriously, half of them run smack into the wrong direction right at the beginning of the tutorial! This is the point where I'd start to feel ashamed as a level designer... Wink )But yeah, I guess they'll do a lot of additional testing before it's released so nothing to worry too much about.
(This post was last modified: 12-19-2012, 12:40 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
12-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Find