Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dark Souls II
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Dark Souls II

I got around to trying Dark Souls out again after some failed attempts at trying it out before. After the Asylum boss, I had always went left to the annoying ass strong skeletons. I never noticed the path to the right. >.>

And I beat it under a week (Not that the time matters, I tried to find as much as I could on my first run before finishing the game.), I've heard that it was a really difficult game. But can anyone else agree on that? Maybe those that I have listened to weren't really that good. But I was expecting a lot more brutal punishments from this game. Like the old days of gaming. I'm not let down, I love the game. But I was hoping for a lot more raging from it.

Is Demon Souls harder or easier? I'm thinking of buying it, if you guys think its worth buying right now.

-------------------
So onto Dark Souls II, I love the Dark Souls world (Except PvP, annoying ass invaders every time I kindle a bonfire). Every boss had me freaking out the first time I saw them (I'm looking at you Hydra), they are the best artistically designed monsters I have ever seen. Game-play wise, a lot needed more tuning or more unfair advantages against you to put up a decent fight.

So ya, your opinions on Dark Souls and what of your interests in Dark Souls II because of Demon/Dark Souls.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 03:41 AM by Rapture.)
12-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
RE: Dark Souls II

Skyrim or Dark Souls? I really need an impulse to start playing Dark Souls.

12-20-2012, 03:53 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I didn't find Dark Souls as difficult as people were saying, but many of the people that claimed it to be difficult were the ones that blindly enter an area where enemies deal a lot of damage while their character (hero) is not even close to a level to properly deal with the enemy. I, however, went soul farming until i could defeat enemies in the area within a few hits. In my second play through i was breezing through it all. However, this is not to say that there weren't any difficult moments, like trying to get Ornstein's armor or trying to defeat the Great Lord.

The PvP system is the worst PvP system i've ever seen. What's the point of skill level for it? The only thing that helps you win battles is network advantage. Thankfully there are way to reduce the amount of people that invade you, and there are ways to prevent invasion altogether. If anything good can be said of it, it would be any funny moments of the invader falling off cliffs as they try to evade your attacks, but that wouldn't be something inherent of the PvP system anyway.

The performance issues the game had were absurd. Thankfully it wasn't in every area, but the 30 frame cap in itself is absurd. I could understand why the game was not released for PC also in the beginning, given the incompetence of their developers.

That being said, even with all of its flaws, i had a fun time playing the game. My build was mostly a STR and DEX build, running with the Giant's armor and Havel's great shield with the cursed great sword of Artorias. My DEX was high enough for the great sword of Artorias to compete with the Dragon Greatsword. My favorite boss was Artorias of the Abyss.

I haven't looked into Dark Souls 2, and if it's not going to be for PC, then all the more reason not to look forward to it.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
12-20-2012, 06:14 AM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

What I didn't like about this game is that you MUST farm to progress, otherwise you die. I went through the tutorial level, and the castle area I have died 20+ times because I don't farm. Farming and grinding should never be necessary, because it's bad design, especially in single player games.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

(12-21-2012, 04:10 PM)nackidno Wrote: What I didn't like about this game is that you MUST farm to progress, otherwise you die. I went through the tutorial level, and the castle area I have died 20+ times because I don't farm. Farming and grinding should never be necessary, because it's bad design, especially in single player games.
Other than primary weapon wielding stats, the game can be beaten with the lowest possible level (Minimum stats for your preferred weapon and shield.)
Every monster relatively deals the same amount of damage to you if your not careful, blocking and not dodging is the reason your dying.

Correction: The game is multi-player, but it's a bit wacky and annoying.
12-21-2012, 04:52 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

It's still too hard, I'm not a pro gamer and have never been, I can't complete the second area of the game because it's too hard, the enemies surround me, toss bombs at me and shoot arrows at me all at the same time, you can't dodge that. And then I lose all my souls and have to grind them up again. It's not fun, it's tedious, I'm glad I bought it on Steam sale, because it's just unnecessarily hard and cheap, not skill hard, but cheap hard.

And when you finally get to the big thing on the wall, you have no idea or any indications whatsoever as to what to do, so you die.. And have to start over all again, damn this game is ruthless in a bad way.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2012, 12:06 AM by eliasfrost.)
12-22-2012, 12:04 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

It's not difficult, it's just fucking stupidly frustrating, for no other reason then it CAN be
12-22-2012, 07:41 PM
Website Find