Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internet access!!!
lopwer Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Internet access!!!

Hello all Big Grin, so i want to buy amnesia however in our household we have two computers; one for games and the other for work. unfortunately my computer that actually can handle games is not connected to the Internet and recently i have discovered that most games require Internet access for installation even if its an offline game!!!! I've searched a fair amount on whether or not this apply's to amnesia on the net but to no avail.

TL;DR do you need Internet access to install and/or play amnesia?

thank you all in advance for your help Smile
12-20-2012, 05:51 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: Internet access!!!

All depends on where you bought it. If you got the disk you don't need the internet to install it. If you bought it on steam (or any other online store) you will need internet connection to install it.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
12-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

yeah, but the disc version of amnesia is pretty rare is it not?
12-20-2012, 07:47 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

(12-20-2012, 07:47 AM)martinnord Wrote: yeah, but the disc version of amnesia is pretty rare is it not?

Not really, I mean unless you are talking about in-stores because, I don't even think they are sold in-stores anymore.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 08:37 AM by Brosive.)
12-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

I honestly prefer buying games online. It's instant, and sometimes cheaper. Plus, you don't have to worry about losing the disc. I can't comprehend why people prefer the retail box purchases in my opinion =\

Anyway, you'll need an internet connection to install the game when purchased online, no matter where it is from. But you CAN play the game perfectly fine offline. This goes with a majority of games, even on Steam. I don't understand why people say they don't like buying games on steam because you need an internet connection to play on steam... No you don't. You just play in offline mode. I've done it before. Only thing is you don't have access to multiplayer or leaderboards (obviously). Other than that, you can play the games just fine offline once they are installed completely. Whether it be purchased through Steam, or their online store, or anywhere else like Amazon digital download.
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2012, 08:16 PM by Statyk.)
12-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Find