Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Too scared to play Amnesia
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Too scared to play Amnesia

Googol you do know that the majority of enemies in Dead Space are human corpses which have been reanimated right? Many of them, especially the lower class Slashers will retain very noticeable human features.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
12-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(12-25-2012, 05:59 PM)Googolplex Wrote: A Grunt is not a classical monster, it's a human, a servant of Alexander who drunk some... to become a deformation.

That's not because of the interpretation, it also looks similar to a human and not like a typical standard monster we can see in Doom or DS for example. It's something really scary because it looks seriously.

Hmm... Are zombies from HL games scary then? I mean they're humans, just like Grunts.
12-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Googol is hipstering out into hipster space again, try talk to him when he's come back.

On a serious note, I too think the grunt looks rather laughable when you take a close look at it, but the way it is presented in the game makes it seem scarier. That said, it's not the monster itself that is scary but the circumstances surrounding it, and of course the overall atmosphere of the encounter. But still, the DS zombie look much scarier on its own, but the way the grunt was implemented makes the encounter scarier, not the monster itself.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
12-26-2012, 02:02 AM
Find
HitManM Offline

Threads: 1

(12-25-2012, 12:09 AM)felixmole Wrote: At the first point he said he was too scared... And now he isn't any more, to the detriment of immersion (I take it he's even watched playthroughs). Now the game is definitely going to get boring to him.

No I did not watch playthroughs, I am still petrified of the game, but not as scared that I would fear quit, I am starting to enjoy the game as it is meant to be played and I don't quit every 5 minutes now, I take breaks every hour or two because I don't want to play it all day everyday to the point that it is boring and not scary.
12-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Find
felixmole Offline

Threads: 7

(12-26-2012, 05:33 PM)HitManM Wrote: No I did not watch playthroughs
Ah, right. I was wondering about your remark about PewDiePie, who tends to demystify the monsters and the atmosphere of the game Undecided
12-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

The thing that makes a monster scary -regardless of their looks- is the potential DANGER that arises when they're in the area. As for "real" vs "fake"... It's a video game, lol.

More about the "looks", anything that is a threat that has a grotesque appearance should convey 'Monster'. So I can't fathom how anyone could say "this is a monster, that isn't" when referring to something dangerous and grotesque. Obviously.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2012, 09:30 PM by Tetrafish.)
12-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Find
HitManM Offline

Threads: 1

(12-26-2012, 07:23 PM)felixmole Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 05:33 PM)HitManM Wrote: No I did not watch playthroughs
Ah, right. I was wondering about your remark about PewDiePie, who tends to demystify the monsters and the atmosphere of the game Undecided

I have watched his videos but I don't really watch any of the Amnesia ones, my younger brother does and I watched one or two when he does a custom story, never the story ones though, I want to play the story and experience it as it should be, in a dark room crapping myself Smile
12-28-2012, 04:30 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

I used to be that scared but then custom stories and custom story making kinda made all my fears fade away.You know how everything functions and stuff.But I still get creeped out.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

12-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Website Find